Irresistible: Chap 2 Rare

Irresistible: Chap 2 Rare

A Chapter by snapjack

“What pretty blood you have on the floor,” the woman whispered through her fangs. The corners of her mouth tilted upward as she moved her elegant glare from me to Triston. I looked at Triston, but he didn’t return the look. He was frowning heavily at the woman.

“Leave her alone, Anna,” Triston threatened. The woman laughed at him.

“You wish,” Anna replied.

“You’re going to pay for that stunt, human lover,” the black haired man yelled toward Triston. I watched as fangs began to elongate from Triston’s mouth. Triston smiled.

“Are you afraid I’ll beat you again?” Triston challenged. The black haired man’s eyes flickered like an animals and I tried to pull myself into a ball.

“I’ll-” the black haired man growled, but another voice cut him off.

“Shut up, Mather,” the other man silenced. Mather quit talking and Anna stepped back and leaned on the door to open it up more. The man made his way past the two and into the room.

Florescent lights lit up from the ceiling and I quickly covered my head. I squeezed my eyes closed and wished it all to go away.

“Molly, open your eyes,” a soothing male voice called in a strange accent. I opened my eyes and the other man was kneeling right in front of me. He had a crooked grin that matched his relaxed, but also weirdly intense and handsome features. His eyes were grey with a tan skin tone and  length brown hair. He wore a loose, white button up shirt and had a rosary hanging from his neck.

“You hit your head pretty hard, huh?” The man asked. I couldn’t speak.

“Must be pretty…tempting…don’t you think?” The man asked, turning from me to the rest of the people in the room. No one said anything. “I think I like tempting,” the man stated, looking back to me.

“I’ll kill you,” Triston said from the far corner. I look at Triston and saw that in the light he had medium blue eyes that were staring into the back of the man in front of me. I looked back at the man and saw that he was smiling and looking at my hand that I noticed was stained with blood from my head.

I quickly tried to hide it and found that it was practically everywhere.

“I’d love to see you try,” the man replied then he looked me in the eyes. I didn’t look away. “You’re very brave to be looking at me so hard, Molly.”

“I like to know who my kidnapper is when I get in these situations,” I replied, even though I had never been kidnapped before. Or at least that I was aware of.

The man smiled bigger. His two incisors were thicker than the rest of his teeth, but his lips covered the tips.

“It speaks!” The man called out and looked at everyone in the room before coming back to me. Anna and Mather snickered. “Well, Molly, my name is Theodore, but please, call me Theo.”

“Theo,” I repeated and then frowned. “Why am I here?” I asked, slowing down at the end of the sentence, unsure if I really wanted to know the answer. Theo only chuckled.

“Well, Molly, do you like surprises?” Theo asked. I opened my mouth to answer, but felt the urge to throw up so I kept my mouth shut. Theo smiled, stood up and turned around to walk towards the door.

“Triston?” Theo called. Triston stayed impeccably quiet. “Looks like you might have a little fun in here after all.”

My heart started racing. Was he going to rape me? Kill me? Suck me dry?

“Oh my God,” I murmured without meaning to. Theo turned toward me while standing in the doorway.

“Oh, my dear,” Theo said, in an irritatingly soft voice. “God can’t stop a starving man from food. Especially when the food is only,” Theo held up his thumb and index finger within an inch of each other. “feet from him.”

My breath caught. Then I started laughing. It was a hysterical type of laughter.

“This isn’t real,” I whispered.

Anna started laughing and Theo joined in.

I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hands to my ears. I didn’t notice that they shut the door and turned off the lights until I opened my eyes and I was in blackness again.

I stood up and pressed my back into the wall. I knew I was dizzy without having to see because even though there wasn’t a noise, there was still the numbing of noises in my ears as if I were going to pass out. My breathing came out in gasps.

The ruffling of clothes came from the far corner. I took off my shoe that I was wearing and held it up in a threatening way, whether he could see me or not.

“Don’t you dare come near me,” I threatened. I thought I heard a small “hmph” from Triston, but I wasn’t entirely sure. My heart was beating so hard that I could barely think. “I’m not joking; I will fight to the death!”

A hand rested on my arm and I jumped and ran to the other side of the room, but ran slam into a body. I screamed and tried to back up, but was frozen with fear. I didn’t realize I was crying until I pressed my hands against my face. I then began to sob.

An arm slowly pulled me against his body. I tried to fight him off, but he was too strong. I realized I had dropped the shoe when I went running across the room.

“Please,” I begged through sobs. “Don’t hurt me.”

“I won’t,” Triston whispered into my hair. I cried harder.

“Just try not to bleed from now on and it’ll make it easier,” Triston said. I hiccupped and continued to cry.

“How can there be vampires?” I asked, not really caring for an answer and Triston didn’t answer anyway. Instead, he let me sob and hiccup my way into silence. His arm was warm and electric.

“I’ll get us out of here, but you can’t freak out on me,” Triston said finally. I was completely exhausted.

“How?” I asked. “How are you going to get us out of here?”

“I get the ideas spontaneously,” Triston replied. I let my eyes droop down and Triston pulled me lightly against his chest and he pulled me down with him on the floor.

My heart started to flutter and not because I was scared. My eyes flicked open and I pushed against his rib cage using my elbow.

“I’m not going to hurt you, Mona,” Triston said, not letting me pull away.

“How do I know?” I asked, using the sentence to cover up how I feel which was warm, comfortable and nervous. Was I actually attracted to this man?

“I’m still sane,” Triston replied. “I haven’t been in here long enough to truly need blood yet.”

“So it is true. You drink blood.”

“Yes.”

“But doesn’t every crazy person say they’re not crazy?” I asked.

“You’ll know when I go crazy,” Triston replied with a snort. “Just go to sleep.”

As I drifted off, I realized just how comfortable I was to be in his arms. And the thought scared me.

 


----------    ----------

 

When I woke up, I was laying down on the floor with an arm wrapped snuggly around my neck as a pillow. I could hear Triston breathing and it was quiet, but slow. As if he was sleeping too. And then he moved, stretched and yawned at slow intervals.

“I guess you’re awake,” Triston commented in a raspy voice.

“Guess you are too,” I replied. Triston moved his arm from my neck and sat up, his leg still touching mine, yawning again. “I thought vampires can’t sleep.”

“All vampires can sleep,” Triston stated. “We’re not dead creatures like Hollywood makes us out to be.”

I thought for a moment. “Then can vampires be ‘made’?” Triston didn’t answer immediately.

“They can, but only by rare vampires.”

“How can you tell which one is a rare vampire?”

“Their eyes are typically a strange, unnatural color,” Triston replied. “Theo is a rare vampire.”

“How are rare vampires made?” I asked.

“They’re born that way,” Triston replied and I could tell that he knew that I wanted more. “Think of it as an abnormality. An abnormality that can’t be investigated because it’s too complex and isn’t inherited.”

“Huh,” I grunted. “Is flickering eyes like that too?”

“Flickering eyes,” Triston stated, mockingly, which made my irritation go up a little.

“Yeah, like when the light hits it just right, they flicker like an animal’s eyes.” Triston gave a small huff of a laugh.

“That’s a little more complicated to explain.”

“Well what else are we going to do?” I challenged. I could feel his stare on me even though I couldn’t see my own hands.

“Okay, fine,” Triston said. And then said nothing.

“Well?”

“Well,” Triston replied. “Well, we just won’t talk then.” Those last five words struck a nerve.

“What do you mean ‘we just won’t talk then’? Why not?” I felt my voice rise up and I didn’t intend it to, but didn’t want to stop until I heard the answer.

“Because I don’t want to,” Triston replied, smoothly. I scoffed and stood up.

“Where you going?”

“I’m getting out of here.” Triston laughed and it made me mad.

“How?” Triston asked.

“I’ll find a way.”

“What makes you think that I haven’t already looked for a way out?” The statement set me back a little, but I came up quickly with an answer.

“I have divergent thinking, I’ll find a way. It’ll be better than just sitting here not talking.”

“I am a divergent thinker and we are talking.”

“We’re not talking talking,” I answered, putting my hands out until I found the cold, hard wall.

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

Vampires don’t make sense and yet here you are,” I commented. Triston didn’t say anything in reply so I busied myself with finding the door.

“The door is to the left of you, not the right,” Triston said. I turned toward his voice. Could he really see me? In my defense, I lied.

“I’m not looking for the door,” I replied in a matter of fact tone.

“Then what could you possibly be looking for?”

“Why are you so irritating?” I asked, turning to face him.

“Why do you ask so many questions?”

I was speechless. My mouth hung open a little as I searched for an answer that didn’t come. Instead I swallowed and whipped around, trying to find a way out again.

Hands gripped me from the back and I was suddenly being carried then dropped down with force.

“This-” Triston said in an angry voice as he placed my dumbfounded hands on cool metal. “is the door. This-” Triston continued, moving my hands to a crease where the wall met with the door, but slid my hands everywhere around it. “Is where there isn’t a door handle. And finally, this,” he moved my hands to where something so small that if Triston hadn’t kept making my hands rub against it I wouldn’t have noticed. Something was engraved in the metal door. “This is what keeps me from being able to break it down with my bare hands.”

I was scared to ask questions, but Triston quickly let me go. I couldn’t feel the heat from his body behind me anymore. I took in a deep breath and stayed quiet for a minute, still touching the engraving on the door.

“Why?” I asked, quietly. I knew he’d get mad, but honestly, I couldn’t stand the quiet anymore and if he was going to kill me, at least I could say that I was killed by a mystical creature.

“My God, do you ever stop talking?” Triston yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows, took off my other shoe and threw it across the room where his voice came from. It made a “thunk” as it hit the wall. Triston growled so I growled too.

“I’ll stop talking when you get us the Hell out of here!” I shouted and started searching for my other shoe on my hands and knees. I slid my hand forward and it touched the other shoe, but it was quickly gone.

“Give it back!” I yelled. I stood up and put my arms out in front of me to find him

“Are you going to throw it at me?” Triston asked.

“if I have the possibility of being able to hit you quick enough, then yes, I will,” I replied.

“Why aren’t you scared of me?” Triston asked and I stopped searching. Why wasn’t I scared of him?

“I don’t know,” I answered finally. “I don’t get the same vibe from you that I get from them.”

Triston grabbed me from behind and I shouted in surprise. He tilted my head to the side and it came to rest on his shoulder. He pressed his mouth dangerously close to my neck and lightly kissed it. Shock waves radiated from his lips on my skin. I would have said it felt good if he weren’t holding me so tightly. My heart echoed in the room from my chest.

Triston licked my beating vein. I felt my lips part which made me snap out of it. I used my elbow and jabbed it into his ribs, but he was too quick. He grabbed my elbow and forced me into him, one arm wrapped around my waist, pinning my arms and the other against my forehead. 

“See,” Triston finally said, pushing my hair soothingly back from my face. “You are scared of me.” Triston pushed me away from him and I stumbled in the blackness.

I wiped away the saliva on my neck and turned to try to find where he went. It was as if I were the only one in this room. I turned and felt my way to a wall and slid down it, wrapping my arms around my waist.

Tears involuntarily slid down my cheeks and onto my arms. I squeezed my eyes shut, but that only held the tears for so long. I thought I could feel him staring at me, but I didn’t care. Trying to stay as quiet as he was, I made a small sniffle that echoed in the room.

I laid down on the floor and silently cried into my arms. The harsh floor pressed into my skin and the grooves of the rock dug into my back, but I didn’t let him know that I was uncomfortable. Instead, I kept my eyes closed.

“You’re an a*****e,” I whispered as quietly as I could.

Somewhere in the far corner, I thought I heard him say, “I know”.



© 2010 snapjack


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again an awesome piece of writing, I simply love it! The characters are very well constructed and I must say that I do love them, the plot looks rather interesting too. Good job here, adore the lot of it, keep up the good work!~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 18, 2010
Last Updated on December 18, 2010


Author

snapjack
snapjack

NC



About
All original photos that I have used can be located in my blog on here, named: ALL USED PHOTOS.... http://www.writerscafe.org/snapjack/blogs/All-used-photos-can-be-found-here:/10939/ Any const.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by snapjack