Irresistible- Chap 7 Attack

Irresistible- Chap 7 Attack

A Chapter by snapjack

I ran after him. It was the only thing on my mind. Help Triston. He ran too fast for me to see him, but I could tell when he made it to the other side because vampires were being sent in the air and onto the ground. The vampires kept jumping up and heading straight to him. It was amazing that he was lasting as long as he did. He yelled out with both rage and pain coating his vocal chords.

                I rubbed my hand against my nose that had started running and pulled it away to see blood. My heart froze and I slowly looked up at the dozen or so blood thirsty vampires. They were currently preoccupied with trying to battle off Triston, but I was sure the smell of blood would reach them sooner or later.

“Run!” Triston screamed from somewhere in the mob, but I barely heard him. The thought didn’t cross my mind to run. Clearly we were going to die anyway by the looks of things so I stayed frozen in place, deciding on what to do.

                I caught a glimpse of Triston’s back and a thought popped into my head. I slowly backed up and ran toward the flaming truck. The old man’s arm was sticking out from under it, but I paid no mind. I went around to the front of the truck and picked up the lightest and longest chunk of wood from the busted picket fence and threw an end into the fire.

                “Molly.”

My mouth opened a little in surprise. I didn’t even realize how quiet it had gotten with the few seconds that had passed. How was I going to get out of this? Turning, Theo was staring at me in the middle of the road. It didn’t take night vision skills to tell that it was him because looking at his black and orange figure sent shivers along my skin. Behind him in a group, the orange of the fire revealed Mather holding Triston by the throat and the rest of the vampires, staring at me with blank expressions.

Mather smiled over Triston’s shoulder, his fangs starch white and slightly covered by a provocative smile. Triston barely looked conscious from what I could see. I held the stick away from the truck and positioned it in front of me.

“Oh, Molly,” Theo said, laughing. “You really are a strange woman. Do you really think that my coven here can be defeated with your stick of fire?” Theo chuckled and some of the others joined in. Theo turned to look at the vampires, still smiling, and then looked back at me, shaking his head. Theo took a few steps toward me.

I positioned the stick like a baseball bat, ready to swing at any moment if given the chance. Mark and I used to play baseball in our backyard all the time. This was going to be no different except Theo’s head was going to be the baseball. His and Mather’s if I got the chance.

“Let him go,” I weakly threatened. Theo shook his head again and continued to take a few more steps. He was almost to the white line when he stopped. A few more steps and he would cross over onto the grass, cross the ditch and there I would stand, paralyzed and holding a stick that’s fire was gradually making its way down to my hands.

“I think you two have caused enough trouble for me, don’t you?” Theo asked, rhetorically. I looked at Triston for a signs, but his head had started to droop, making shadows for eyes. Mather smiled at me and I quickly looked back at Theo.

“What do you want from us?” I asked. Theo shook his head and began walking to me slowly without pausing.

“I want you, Madison,” Theo said. He was close enough that I saw his fangs elongating in his open mouth. I started shaking, but held the fire out toward him and ready to strike.

“Why?” I asked loudly. The coven of vampires turned around nervously to look back at the trees, some which were hissing noisily. Theo looked back at them, silencing them with a swift motion of the finger, and turned back to me. The next thing I know, his arms are around me before I had a chance to hit him.

I swung the stick wildly, connecting only once. The stick was then yanked from my hands. I looked up and saw Mather’s bloody, smiling mouth retching free from Triston’s neck. I sucked in air to yell for Triston, but the air hit my face so strong that all of the air was sucked back out of me. I couldn’t move underneath Theo’s steel grip to pry myself from him. The moment I caught a breath, I screamed. I couldn’t do anything else and it seemed like a second nature by that time.

I heard a chorus of hissing, even though the harsh wind and night blinded me from seeing. I could hear the forest by the fast crunching of leaves, but that was all I had to work with except for the darkness created by the trees. Theo stopped so suddenly that I saw stars from whiplash. When the haziness cleared, I could make out figures in front of us and they were growling. Theo still clasped me around the waist and throat, making me succumb to his every move.

A woman stepped forward with a shadow on her face. She had a messy hair that hung at her shoulders. Her appearance looked wild and dangerous with a hit of grace. She wore a coat that hung above her ankles, pants and a shirt underneath. Her overall appearance looked off, as if she didn’t fit in her skin even though it fitted her like normal.

There were others around her. Some were wolves that made gurgling noises instead of growls and the rest were humans that hissed. They all looked as uncomfortable in their skin as she did.

The woman smiled a horrifying smile. Her fangs were starch white against the moon light that shone down on her, but instead of having only one set of fangs, she had two pairs on each side accompanied with two on the bottom.

“Where are you going, nezinau?” The woman asked, her teeth getting in the way of proper pronunciation. More wolves and people were emerging around us in a loose circle.

“Jesus,” one of the vampires from the clave whispered near Theo. Theo made a threatening low rumble in his throat toward the vampire.

“I suppose you are all from sectors,” Theo said, his tone smooth and cool. A wolf that was standing off to the side sprang into midair and landed a few feet from us as a crouched human. The man stood up and glowered at Theo, who didn’t flinch like the rest of us. The man didn’t have glowing tattoos like Jet, but he had the same type of tattoos nevertheless. I looked around at the people and wolves and noticed that most of them had tattoos as well as the sets of teeth that the woman had.

“And I suppose you are the leader of a Sector. A nezinau,” the man spat. Theo started to speak, but the man interrupted him. “Here to take another victim?” Theo laughed and the group of wolves and people moved closer in. Theo’s clave, who looked equally as fierce, still withdrew a few steps toward Theo and me.

“You are underestimating my power, rogue,” Theo threatened with bared teeth.

“And you’re underestimating us,” a woman said from within the crowd. I couldn’t tell where they were coming from, but more were coming it seemed.

I was thrown to the side in a swift motion, arms already clutching me to a man’s chest when I realized it. People screamed and then we were in battle. The creatures were charging, wolves were howling and trying to rip at Theo’s coven. I tried to push away from the vampire that held me, but Mather’s voice came in my ear and I gasped.

“You may think that you’re a sneaky little b***h, but you won’t think that for long,” Mather whispered. I looked up at his sneering face before he forced my head back down. I looked over just in time to prepare myself from a wolf that charged at us. Mather growled and one handedly swung at the wolf.

The wolf jumped back, sending dirt in the air, and spat at Mather, who hissed in return. Something knocked into Mather from behind as sharp claws slid down my back. I yelled out just as we hit the ground. Mather’s grip loosened from me and I squirmed away from him on my stomach. A wolf stood on Mather’s back, not allowing him to get up. Three wolves were closing in as well as a naked woman. She looked up at me and I saw her eyes flash like Triston’s did.

“Run, girl,” the woman said, her sets of teeth showing. Adding everything around me, I realized what she was. They were half-wolf and half-vampire. I took in the scene before me and was shocked. Triston didn’t mention half-breeds.

The claw marks on my back seared with growing pain. I quickly turned and ran from the scene while pressing a hand gently to my back. The shirt was ripped into four lines that both stuck and rubbed against the fresh wounds.

I passed wolves that were tearing at a screaming vampire from the coven. The wolf that talked to Theo was fighting against Theo, accompanied by four others.

A hand grasped me by the arm and whipped me around. I cried out from my back, but the woman that was talking to Theo pressed a finger to my lips. She stood in front of me, shadowy blood caking the front of her shirt and around her mouth, with her eyes blazing with life. Fear danced along my bones by the looks of her.

“I know you have talked to Jet,” the woman said. I remained speechless, but she swallowed and looked around quickly, lowering her voice. “I know that your vampire is going to talk to him sooner or later and I need you to tell him something for me.”

“Okay,” I said, not knowing what else to say. I didn’t want to trust her, but she looked so desperate.

She looked at the ground. “Tell him that there is still hope for us and that I will never just disappear. He’ll get it.” The woman looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I wanted to comfort her, but decided against it. The woman pointed off into the forest.

“That’s the way you came… Your vampire is trying to find you,” the woman said, backing up. I wanted to say something, anything, but nothing came to mind. She nodded, turned and ran back into the horde of screaming fictional characters.

 

 

 

My back slowed me down. I could feel the claws digging into my back over and over to the point where it almost crippled me. I pushed my hand against the wound and it came out wet. I was afraid to make a call for Triston since it was eerily quiet and Theo may have gotten away or one of the vampires from the coven.

It was so dark that I held my hands out in front of me occasionally, bumping them against trees with my still sore hands from falling from the tree. The scrapes on my knees burned, but not as much as my back.

My foot connected with a tree root and I fell forward. I yelped and laid there for a minute, cursing the world under my breath. I picked up handfuls of leaves and dirt and threw it as hard as I could which only made my back hurt worse. I took in a deep breath and pushed myself back up, gingerly avoiding using as many back muscles.

I couldn’t find the road, no matter how far I walked to the right and when I tried to find my way back to where I started, I was twice as lost as I was before. I had tried to call Triston’s name a few times, but I wasn’t given the decency of a snapping twig.

It felt like centuries went by before the frogs chirped through the forest, as well as crickets and owls, reminding me that I was to never be a lone traveler. Creatures in the night moved around and away from me, but it still made me stop and listen until the sounds went away. Twigs ate at my face, arms and legs. Each time I resisted the urge to break them off and throw them as well. Finally, I stopped and looked around.

Everything looked like black shadows. The trees might as well have been giants for all I knew because that’s what they sure as hell looked like.

“And once again… I am in the dark,” I mumble. A twig snapped ahead of me. I stopped and listened, hoping it was Triston or another stupid animal. I slowly pressed my chest into the bark of a tree. Heavy breathing made my heart stop. My mind’s first thought was Triston. I wanted to yell for him and throw my arms around him, but I couldn’t make my body move.

The heavy breathing was coming closer and I realized I was holding my breath, but I was sure that my heart beating as hard as it was wasn’t helping me at all. The footfalls were labored and crunched heavily on the leaves. My mind raced to the possibility of the person being Triston, but if it wasn’t, no one like me could fend off a vampire or any other mythological creature.

“I smell…you…human.” My heart froze and my skin prickled. The husky voice echoed hollowly in my body. I squeezed my eyes shut and wished the man to go away. It wasn’t Theo nor Mather, but I was certain it was from Theo’s clave.

“I bet,” the man wheezed. “That you…and that damn…governor….planned…that attack…didn’t you?” I bit my lip and looked around for hiding places. Everything looked like black masses.

The man’s feet were dragging behind him. By the sounds he was making, I could tell that he wasn’t far away from me, but I couldn’t tell just how far away he was. The man’s breathing was growing more labored and he was making a soft hissing noise as he drew breaths.

“Why hide?” The man asked, stopping. “I already know…you’re here. Maybe just…three steps away.” I heard the man sniff the air and I immediately took off running. I pushed my legs hard, nearly tripping a few times.

“There’s the doe!” The man screamed from behind me. I swatted at tree branches and swerved around trees. My back jerked and twitched with each move, practically bubbling with pain.

A hand grabbed my hair from behind and I was thrown backwards. The air was knocked out of my lungs. The ground beneath me pressed into the three open wounds. My head spun and I couldn’t get a grip on reality. I thought I saw a figure coming toward me, but I wasn’t entirely sure. I rolled onto my chest.

A hand slapped the back of my head and my head jerked to the side. I cried out. I dug my fingers into the ground to push myself up or even crawl away for that matter.

“No,” the hoarse voice said. He pulled me back by my feet and dirt packed under my nails. The world was still spinning too hard to figure out where I was going. When he stopped pulling me, his hands jerked my pants down and I screamed out, using all of my energy. He threw his bare body over top of my back and grabbed a fistful of hair, snapping my head back.

“Scream louder,” the man said, his voice dangerously close to my neck and ear. His tongue licked the side of my neck and I cried. I kicked at his back hard with my ankles, shock waves running up my spine from where his legs and groin rubbed against my wounds, but he only moaned. I jerked my elbow up and he caught it. The man rubbed the points of his teeth along the skin of my arm. I didn’t realize how bad I was shaking until he traced the outline of my cuts with his index finger.

I screamed again and he bit into my upper arm, a moan erupting from him. My screams and cries were ear piercing. The pain coursed through my veins and made my body spasm with disgust, rage and fear mixed into one.

The man was launched off of me sideways. It was like a train knocked him off. I kept crying while backing up and curling against a tree.

The man cursed, but it was cut off with the sound of sucking and bones breaking. The man’s hoarse voice was nothing more than a whisper when the sucking stopped.

“Scream louder.” 



© 2011 snapjack


Author's Note

snapjack
Original photo belongs to alilarterfan.com

website address in the blog for the picture

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This chapter {and the rest of them} is freaking amazing. You did a pretty good job on this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011


Author

snapjack
snapjack

NC



About
All original photos that I have used can be located in my blog on here, named: ALL USED PHOTOS.... http://www.writerscafe.org/snapjack/blogs/All-used-photos-can-be-found-here:/10939/ Any const.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by snapjack