Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Wendy Sue

Sharp sting, tip of my tongue
Sweet clouds, electric fingers
Colors popping in the darkness
Beating heart in my ears

Anger? Scared? Excited?
Which is it?
It doesn't matter
I don't care

I am floating
Suspended in thickness
No goal nor direction
I must find joy in the drowning

© 2018 Wendy Sue


Author's Note

Wendy Sue
Blah blah, generic existential crisis

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A medley of chaotic emotion. You have expressed those feelings well. I can see this is an old post, so I hope your crisis is now well and truly in the past. Thanks for the read.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


"Against your will huh?" Well ...it happens. Welcome to this ...pausing... place.

Seems existential crises are our hallmarks of self-allusion. Some like it here - hell has an attraction too (so I've been told). I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you express them.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hedonistic, or something like that.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wendy Sue

5 Years Ago

David thank you for the comment. Yes it certainly reads to that possibility
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JR
I really enjoyed the way this poem drew me in, as it describes a flurry of chaotic emotions and turmoil with a deep sense of transparency and vulnerability. Though the poem ends unresolved in crisis, ironically I am left feeling a sense of closeness and calm. The vivid imagery in the first stanza is simultaneously exciting and thought-provoking. I like your use of alliteration in the first line and the onomatopoeia in the third line ("popping"). The second stanza reveals the mood of the poem, which appears on the surface to be a resignation to apathy, but on closer glance, is this really the case? Could this apparent apathy be a facade to cover up the hurt? The third stanza feels ethereal and almost other-worldly ("I am floating/Suspended in thickness"), emphasizing joy in the midst of anxiety and uncertainty, peace in spite of the pain. Even though there is a lack of groundedness (both emotionally and physically, i.e. "floating"), hope is unwilling to die. The poem raised existential questions and left me wanting more - not necessarily answers or resolution, but to be carried further on this journey with you to the depths of the soul.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I like it, leaves some room for hope at the end

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2018
Last Updated on December 1, 2018

Author

Wendy Sue
Wendy Sue

San Diego, CA



About
Here against my will more..

Writing
My Hell My Hell

A Poem by Wendy Sue