A Life Taken

A Life Taken

A Story by steph noumeh

"Jillian,  it's cool i swear to god trust me!"

 

"HEY!, F*** YOU LET GO OF ME"

 

"WIll you calm down! your not suppost to be in any of this. Just don't say anything your gonna get me in touble!"

 

"From who nick! from your little gangster friends?! oh im scared"

 

"Well you should be! "

 

"Your a real jerk you know that!  can't believe this kid was kidnapped! Just because his scumbag brother owes Az money"

 

"Shut up JIll someone could hear you!"

 

"GOOD! I hope they do. You mean to tell me that this kid thats been living with us for about a month now was KIDNAPPED? What are you even gonna do with him? You could be in a lot of trouble you can't just take a kid and have no one notice"

 

"Relax. all were gonna do is wait for the money and let him go we got this Jill."

 

"Yeah than you let him free, he goes to mommy and daddy and rats everyone out."

 

"He won't tell..."

 

"What if he does Nick?"

 

 

Silence is set between the two.

 

 

"This is some serious stuff Jillian, im not going to jail!"

 

"Okay, okay, okay. Az is the reason for this right, i'll just call him. Damnit Nick! your gonna bring me into this hell!"

 

 

Jillian picks up the phone and dials as she takes a deep breathe. After a few moments talking to Az, her hands shaking she hangs up the phone.

 

 

"Theres only one solution behind this now."

 

"God, what is it?"

 

"Az offered two thousand dollars just to kill the kid."

 

Nick tilts up his head slowly with a shocked look on his face

 

"Kill em? "Are you INSANE! Im not gonna kill the kid thats a joke, right.?! Can't we just throw some grease on him? Tell him he could do whatever he wants, that he's our boy. Maybe give him some dough."

 

"And when his mom and dad ask?" Jill asked.

 

"I don't know, say he ran away with some girl or somethin. The kid's brother wont know it was us."

 

 

A second after that the phone began to ring.

 

 

"Damn! check the number for me, just whatever you do Jill, DON'T ANSWER.

 

"Private."

 

"God damnit, If thats the kid's brother im screwed man!"

 

"You better pray to God thats not him Nick because you just got a voicemail."

 

 

Nick picks up his cell phone and begins to call his voice mail.

 

 

"You have some set of balls Nick i know it was you. I KNOW. And your dead ohh and i'm not threatening you. thats a f****** promise. I'm gonna hunt you down WHATEVER your doing WHATEVER you are. Nick you better pray, you better PRAY that the cops find you before i do i'd get on your damn knees and PRAY."

 

 

Nick slowly takes the phone of his ear and hang up.

 

 

"Call the kid, were taking a drive."

 

 

Jillian, Nick and the kid get in the car and take a drive down to the middle of no where up in the mountains. They all get out the car.

 

 

"Aright kid, your my boy you know that. Now look i'm gonna put this tape over your mouth and i'm going to tie your hands, it doesn't make sence now but it'll all work out in the end."

 

"Nick, why are you doing this to him why don't we let him just stay with us you can't keep the god damn kis here over night!"

 

"Calm the hell down, were gonna tie him up here and make it look like someone took him kept him up here and we'll have the cops come up and get him and he'll be home safely aright."

 

"i swear to god Nick if something happens to him, i'll go scared shitless."

 

"Don't worry Jillian just shut up and get back in the car and wait there for me."

 

With tears running down her cheek she says goodbye to the kid with a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Your my boy, you always were aright...you know that. I love you man, I'm sorry."

 

A loud bang shot across the mountains as an echo of sirens struck through the valleys.

 

 

© 2008 steph noumeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it and its very good

justintime

aka justin

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 6, 2008