The Odyessy Quest

The Odyessy Quest

A Story by sohadtolba
"

How it is strange that reality could be related to myths. a story about how our leaders sometimes take the wrong decisions for their own personal interests and end up putting the country in a mess

"
Sally loved ancient Greek stories. Always being fond of their style, names, myths and art. Each day was another story to convey.
One day as she flipped through the Greek stories, the quest of sleeping argued its way.  
                             *                               *                                         *
“Help us, help us!” The city screamed. 
There were chaos everywhere. Burglars, thieves and fighting. The roars of anger were as high as ever.
The people were bored, nothing to do or waste their time on.
Chares, the wise man called all the city’s advisers and heroes.
They had to think how to keep this big city occupied.
“What do you advice?” one asked.
“A contest and who wins shall get his name carved on a coin.” Another remarked.
“What kind of contest”? The wise raised an eyebrow.
“Hmmmm. What we are best at! A fight contest of course!” The hero laughed.
 The wise quivered his lips on the idea.
“I heard that the town near is planning a war against us! Let’s be the quicker and attack them first!” A sneaky politician introduced.
The noises of the board got high as they cheered.
The wise man’s face turned red. “How did you know about their plan??” He fiercely claimed.
“Are these ideas of great heroes and politicians?” He squeezed his teeth.  
But no one heard or gave him attention. People were creating disorder and now the board gave them a reason to fight but somewhere else. 
It was the perfect plan! They collected warriors from all over the city.  
The board will be announced as  patriots, assure their place in the parliament and power.  
Wives and children waved goodbye to their soldiers.
Some cried and some were proud.
Some were anxious and some waited to hold the medals in their hands.
The warriors arrived at the town they were seeking. They rose their swords and were ready to battle.
The town’s king ran to the ship begging them to leave the town in peace.
The sneaky politician had his intentions. He whispered to the leader-Herakolus- an offer to the king.
Herakolus loved the plan and said it right away.
The king had no choice, so he sent the leader to his daughter.
“If you would marry me and declare your town to be part of our city, we will spare your people.” Herakolus announced.
The princess was amazed, how such a fine hero would take advantage of her like that.
She was brave and intelligent.
“If you will save the region from the dangerous dragon, I shall marry you.” She calmly replied.
Herakolus was ignorant of this dragon.
“He has been kidnapping from our town and others as well. Killing our finest people and closet friends.” she continued.
Herakolus didn't wait to hear the rest. He rushed to the ship as soon as he agreed to the term. 
He began his quest, searching for this mysterious dragon.
They sailed through the scariest places and among strongest storms.
The warriors got drained from the expedition. They decided to port on an island to rest. There lived an enlightened man. He determined to leave this mad world behind long time ago and inhabit a lonely place. 
No hatred or personal interest filled it. Nothing but nature and love.
Herakolus greeted the man and introduced himself.
“I have heard so much about you, young man. What has brought you on this part of the world?” The man inquired.
“I am looking for the dragon!” Herakolus proudly reclaimed.
“Dragon! What dragon, my child? There are no dragons here!” The man scratched his head.
“A dragon has been kidnapping and killing people my dear wise man.” Herakolus explained.
“Well, there is nothing here but love and harmless creatures, I assure you.”
Herakolus thanked him and went on his journey.
As they advanced in their exploration, a town all wrecked and its people were calling for help appeared in their way.
Herakolus called from away, “Hello! Can we help?”
“Our town is being attacked by dragons!” A woman shouted back. 
Herakolus said “It is our chance.” 
They anchored the ship and ran to find the dragons ruining the town. 
The warriors fought and their swords clashed between the air, killing as much dragons, while the others flew away.
Victory was triumphed. 
“Our city will be proud of us!” One hero clapped.
“I will marry the princess”! Herakolus cried.
“The power will be ours!” The politician pressed on his hands.
“Everyone in the city and towns surrounding will never deny our strength!” The soldiers cheered.
The next day they sailed back to their city to announce the achievement.
The warriors were excited and happy. 
As soon as they reached the city, they found  people gathered by the sea. 
Screams and cries were filling the place.
The dragons attacked the city and killed lots of citizens.
Herakolus ran to them, watching his family members and others been carried away to be buried.
He felt his body nailed in as he cried in regret.
“If we haven’t gone to that town, if we just had listened to our wise man, we wouldn't have been in this mess!” Herakolus covered his face.
                        *                                   *                                       *
Sally woke up frightened! What a weird dream she had. She didn't understand what was going on. Was it a sign or maybe a warning? Or was it just a myth? Another myth?
                      *                                    *                                *
The End

© 2015 sohadtolba


Author's Note

sohadtolba
I would like to know what you think? Grammar, style and the story itself

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://storybird.com/books/a-myth-just-another-myth/

This is my story with illustrations on that website :) if you like to read there too...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on February 22, 2015

Author

sohadtolba
sohadtolba

Egypt



About
I am feminist and a social/ political writer. I also love writing children stories that gives encouragement and teaches good morals. I love reading, walking, talking :) and open to all sort of .. more..

Writing
Your dream Your dream

A Story by sohadtolba