Repetition of History

Repetition of History

A Story by sohadtolba
"

No matter where you are and no matter how many different ways history are written, still it keeps repeating and repeating

"

 It is amazing how history repeats itself no matter the place or people. Everyone is the same and the situations are similar.... There is no difference between East or West, humans are humans everywhere. The only difference comes when there is an individual or a society that recognize the importance of history and actually learn from it. Only then another new history comes to life.....

1786 in USA, people bleeding from the King back in England and having to work out their revolution and seeking their independence at last, Americans turned against each other!!! So after getting rid of Britain and their oppression, Americans started protesting due to the taxes and the farmers loosing their lands. As so, the farmers revolted against the country, can't understand the situation the country was going through and the need to work together to rebuild their nation. Farmers could not offer the taxes that the government suppressed on them nor care more than loosing their own lands.

Abigail Adams sent to her friend her point of view of the protest, said:"How totally ignorant are our countrymen of the consequences of their wild schemes....."

Now as to analyze this and compare to nowadays, we will find that it is normal stage people would go through when the government don't understand it is important to have a channel between them. In addition, the people would still need to comprehend the idea of working together until the phase passes. Still, farmers loosing their lands and not be able to harvest much due to the bad weather or not having enough money should have been observed by the government instead of raising taxes or putting more difficult laws.

Going to my own country, comparing the same thing, citizens lost a lot due to the revolution in 2011. Some lost their business and lots of farmers suffered financially because of the end of exporting their goods. The government needing the money to be able to stand on its feet, started to raise taxes in some fields, or taking away their support in others which affected the country. In reaction, more gangs started to grow, more corruption expanded and less were able to live......... Both sides have their reasons, but none could get across through or have the patience to wait or reassess things out....

Conclusion; we need to learn from our history and plan better. Moreover, we need the patience from both sides without any injustice..... Both has to work together, never one side excluding the other or ignoring the suffering of the other party........

Thanks for reading

© 2015 sohadtolba


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I understand your pain but is that even possible? Humanbeings fight over the smallest differences. It seems it's in our nature to discriminate

Posted 8 Years Ago


sohadtolba

8 Years Ago

Yes people would do that.... Or we wouldnt have WW1- WW2 or USA's war in Iraq or any wars that reall.. read more
so true., thank you for sharing., this is a really nice piece

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sohadtolba

9 Years Ago

thank you so much for taking time to read it... i am glad you have liked it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 3, 2015

Author

sohadtolba
sohadtolba

Egypt



About
I am feminist and a social/ political writer. I also love writing children stories that gives encouragement and teaches good morals. I love reading, walking, talking :) and open to all sort of .. more..

Writing
Your dream Your dream

A Story by sohadtolba