The last meeting

The last meeting

A Story by sohadtolba
"

He was enthusiastic. He dreamt of that day.

"

His heart pounded harder than his steps. He knew it well then, he has fallen into the trap.... He tried to hold his trembling, inhaled deeply into the roars of his heart... He held his breath for a minute, hoping it would calm down. The nearer he approached, the more it became stronger. There is no escape, not this time. Months and months, trying to convince himself that it only needs some courage, there is nothing much to lose. He closed his eyes and smiled. He gave in and whispered, "I love you before the day you were even born." His beat has calmed down, he said it, it is out and now everything is clear.


A few minutes later, she answered back, "I have waited for you, but you are too late." A shock, it was, for he postponed it for so long. She had already made up her mind some time before he began. She closed her eyes and remembered the last time they had spoken. She revealed her feelings to him, the last time they met in Jessy's party. He tried to avoid hearing what she had to say. For her loved her, but he was afraid. He was not sure that this relationship would work back then. He listened to her feelings with nothing to say. Months passed and they haven't spoken since. As so, she had decided to leave and to move on in her life.


He was broken. His heart got heavy, pulling him hard to the ground. "I am too late. No repent, for I am the one to blame." She patted his head as she walked towards the other side. He softly raised his head as she vanished into the crowd. One tear, half a smile was his last vision of her as she has gone forever.

The End

© 2016 sohadtolba


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016

Author

sohadtolba
sohadtolba

Egypt



About
I am feminist and a social/ political writer. I also love writing children stories that gives encouragement and teaches good morals. I love reading, walking, talking :) and open to all sort of .. more..

Writing
Your dream Your dream

A Story by sohadtolba