Ode to... A Lovely Day.

Ode to... A Lovely Day.

A Story by Rain Kissed Secret
"

Basically my memory of something that I miss. Hope ya like it, and wish me luck!

"
I roll over in my bed made of princess pillows and blankets, blinking open my tired eyes and seeing that the sun hasn't even woken up yet. I roll over again and give out a girlish groan. My sister and Daddy laugh at me and tell me to get my lazy butt out of bed, so I do.

I go into the laundry room and pick out a nice blue frilly dress, and white tights with black shoes on and tie my blond curly hair in a ponytail and squeal and jump around as my family just rolls their eyes and smiles at my antics. I smile secretly and watch as they all look at me with love in their eyes. I feel so light and free, like a bird. My Mamma yells out to our family to get in the car, so we do.

In the car, we all focus on the music pumping through us, and the lyrics that are painting pictures in our minds, and Joie and I sing along, laughing, playing, smiling. It's great, I think. This is how a family should be. This is how MY family should be. I keep smiling till we get to the Machine Show.

I walk into it hand in hand with my two elder sisters, and I'm smiling like the perfect little girl I am. I greet whoever my Daddy talks to, and I'm the sweetest, most outgoing baby girl you can ever see. No one compares to me, and I ask to go play with the other kids, and I do.

Hours later, my Daddy calls for my attention, and asks me to trust him, and go into a plane. I tell Daddy that I'm afraid of heights. And he replies with now is as good as any to face those fears. I nod shakily and go into the plane with him. I grab a hold of his firm hand and pretend he is a boulder that can fly when the plane takes off into the sky. That was the first day I flew with my Daddy. And that's the last thing I did with him.

© 2010 Rain Kissed Secret


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems it is incomplete, though complete..!!

Good write..!! While going through this, a picture started rolling..!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 5, 2010

Author

Rain Kissed Secret
Rain Kissed Secret

Boney Lake, WA



About
I have a silver lining. more..

Writing