Of Good and Evil

Of Good and Evil

A Poem by sonnie ibadah

In all the stories that were ever told, 
Of how legends rise and fairytales unfold, 
Nothing is ever quite as it seems, 
For an evil Queen was once a maiden with broken dreams. 

Unlike for the guise of mortal fear,
It could be a big friendly wolf and the little malevolent deer, 
But would nature ever deem it so? 
That the monster turns friend, and the hero turns foe?

© 2020 sonnie ibadah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

“For an evil Queen was once a maiden with broken dreams”

I really like that! Shows the journey evil can take you on even in the midst of humble beginnings.

“Monster turns friend, and the hero turns foe”

Love that ending!
Shows how corruption and redemption is possible for anybody!!!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sonnie ibadah

2 Years Ago

Very true!

Thank you for the heartfelt review!



Reviews

This reminds me of the two snow white and the huntsman movies, where even the evil queen was once an innocent who was turned to the darkside by the evil surrounding her/ us.
Really like the flow of this piece, which runs effortlessly from line to line 😀

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Effortlessly? Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
two things I gather from this...I think first of how broken hearts might retaliate...how disappointment turns to heartache turns to rage.
in second stanza, I am reminded of The Wolfman...poor Lon Chaney turning into a wolf by the moon, and doing things he would never do in the day time...and how he wanted his girlfriend to stay away from him at night because he really was a good-hearted monster.
I guess we don't mean to hurt others most of the time even when we do.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Yes, your review sums this up very well. Thank you!
very natural rhythm and rhyme says i .. strong quatrains .. the brevity belies its moral and spiritual content .. your closing inspires my ol' noodle to thought .. human beings are alone in that regard it seems .. free to reason .. and choose .. Nature loose with its set of cycles and laws only bumped by effects of time i think .. that image of a malevolent deer is killer .. oh my ... can't imagine what my fear would produce if i ever came upon one .. with evil glare in the eyes ... sheesh! ;)
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Lol! Thank you for the wonderful review, E. Glad you enjoyed this ;)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
This has a great rhythm, and flows really well. The meaningful phrases capture the meaning so clearly. As the title defines what follows. Wonderful work here.

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review.
I really enjoyed this little write. It reminded me of a work colleague who was huge in stature. He was quite intimidating to look at and yet he had the most quiet, gentle disposition. It also reminded me of little dogs who can be ferocious and nip your heels while the giants of dogs can be so cuddly. Not quite evil, more intimidating, but that's where your lines took me. I enjoyed the read sonnie. Thank you.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Yeah, nothing is ever quite as it seems. Thank you Chris, glad you enjoyed it.
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

I did, all the best to you sonnie :) Your lines gave depth I could have written more. I like poems t.. read more
sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Thank you :)
This is first rate writing, both the composition and the conundrum it poses. I really like what you've done here. As a side-note I knew a fellow who had a wolf. It was about three quarter wolf at least. It had paws every big as big as a man's hand and I saw him jump about 12 to 14 feet straight in the air once and land flatfooted on the roof of a building. He'd put a paw on each shoulder...his head about twice the size of mine...and we'd have a good hug. Everybody was scared of the big wolf...but he was really a big sweetheart. I enjoyed the read. F.

Posted 3 Years Ago


sonnie ibadah

3 Years Ago

Wow! I don't think i'd have the guts to hug a wolf. Thanks Fabian, glad you enjoyed it.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2020
Last Updated on June 29, 2020
Tags: good, evil

Author

sonnie ibadah
sonnie ibadah

Tanzania



About
A Frankenstein of mismatched dreams and passion....🌹 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..