Daddy's Girl

Daddy's Girl

A Story by Cali
"

:) Miss you, Daddy.

"

               I jumped out of the swings seat and ran for the car. A tall, largely built man was getting out of the passenger seat of my wonderfully sexy car, and seeing him made me run even faster. Tears of joy ran down my face as I sprinted for the car, using every muscle in my legs to propel me towards it quicker.               

               "Dad!" I yelled. "Daddy, you're home!" My tears of happiness slipped down my face as I sped down the hill of the park, trying to get to my dad as fast as I possibly could. I probably looked like a weirdo--screwed up hair, crying and screaming "Daddy!" while I was running down this hill when I'm 14--but I couldn't care less. I hadn't seen my dad in a year because he was in Afghanistan, and seeing him right now made my heart flood with sheer happiness, joy, and excitement.

               I could hear my father's familiar laugh as I sprinted, and he was beginning to hold his arms out for a major hug. I beamed as I ran into him delightfully, wrapping my arms around him in a tight coil. I missed him so much, and now, after a long year, he was back. I sniffled and squeezed him tighter as he laughed and picked me off my feet, saying how much he missed me and how happy he was to see me too.

               I giggled and dug my face into his chest. "I missed you, Dad," I said, my voice muffled by his dirt and sweat-covered shirt.

               "I missed you more, Baby Girl," he replied. "Now, c'mon, we gotta get home. I gotta take a nap; long flight, y'know."

               I nodded, my face still in his chest, and separated from him reluctantly. He jumped back into the passenger seat as I climbed into the back, my mom sitting in the driver's seat and smiling at us happily.

               On our way back home, my dad told us stories of Afghanistan and how his bosses seemed to always have their heads up their asses. I smiled silently as he told them, adding small quirks of my opinion every once-and-a-while to prove that I was listening. While we ventured home, I thought of how happy I was to see my dad again, safe and sound, back in our car telling stories.

               Once we got home, he did as he said and went into his dark room and slept. I walked into my mother's office and decided to talk to her while he took his much-needed nap.       

               "I'm so glad Dad's home," I squealed. Mom chuckled in happiness, her long fingers clicking along the keyboard.

               "I am, too, Honey. We're going to Claim Jumper tonight for dinner, so dress up nice, okay?" she replied, her eyes still plastered on the computer monitor.

               I nodded and went in the bathroom to go and fix up my hair. I mean, c'mon...

               I had to look nice for my dad.        

© 2010 Cali


Author's Note

Cali
Sorry it's so short. I just kinda threw it together at the last minute. But, nonetheless, I hoped you enjoyed it. ^^ (P.S. I know the ending sucked...I just couldn't figure out how to end it.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Aww! So cute!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good, I liked the ending. It was cute. Two things though:
" A tall, largely build man..." Should be, " A tall, largely built man..."

"My tears of happiness sped down my face as I sped down the hill of the park..." It sounds a little akward using sped twice. When describing your tears i would use 'slipped' or 'slid' or maybe, if you want to get away from using the double 's', 'cascaded' would work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010

Author

Cali
Cali

About
You know what, I'll just make this nice and short for you: Favorite Colors: Red and black Favorite Animal: The fainting goat Favorite video game: Can't narrow it down; it goes around Left 4 Dead 2 .. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Cali


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Story by Cali