Chapter One *Not so Normal Meeting*

Chapter One *Not so Normal Meeting*

A Chapter by sorellaflowers

No name, no family, only the animals that live in this spacious forest could be considered my family. Parents is not something I miss due to never knowing them, the only thing I do know is I’m a neko, the looks of a human with cat ears along with a tail, light purple eyes that almost seem to glow.

Never have I seen how a family acts except for nuzzles and cuddling I got from the animals, so how could I miss something I never knew? Though I did ponder on how humans show their affections. I was sure I was the last neko; you could say it was a feeling inside that told me so, although I don’t know if there are other creatures out there that would not be described as human.

Snow covered everything as I lay under a weeping willow tree. Knee length blending into the snow, purple eyes scanning the beautiful sight while my ears pressed against my head as my slightly fluffy tail wrapped firmly around my small curvy form.

Winter, such a beautiful season that I have come to love, yet also hate.  As snow fell from the sky destined to cover everything with a pure white glow causing me to be alone, marvel at the sight as all the animals go into hibernation.

          The day I woke in the forest, no memories, though I at the time I was glad for some reason, naked body buried in the snow as it soaked up my blood turning the pure substance crimson, hair draped over me like a blanket. Weather exactly like this, calm, so silent, an eerie feeling consuming me. Cold, hot, all the same to me, I adapt to the temperature naturally. Hot body feels like ice, cold body feels as though I’m on fire yet it’s comforting. Is it strange? You could say it is. Is its useful? I believe it to be.

Stretching I got up, soft mew escaping my full lips. Walking away from the sanctuary of the tree I climbed up another resting on the lowest branch that still was a decent distance off that ground that, if a human fell they would surely break a bone. Ever so slowly my body began to relax, eyes dropping shut as my breathing slowed, casting my mind into darkness.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Crunch

Snapping my eyes open I remained still, animals are much quieter when they walk on the snow.

Snap!

The closer they came, the more tense I grew. Once in every blue moon idiotic humans would come into the forest, some would leave without harm, some killed by the wolves. Their heartbeats reminded me of hummingbird’s wings allowing me to know they were not human. As I became stiff, barely breathing as they stopped under the tree I was in I was also aware of the wolves coming closer surely smelling the new preys.

 

Lucifer

“We should have come when the snow has melted away” Coda said

“No, I need to see my father now Coda” I mumbled

His sigh caused me to sigh as we finally stopped under the tree my father was buried under. Dropping onto one knee I softly stroked the bark.

“We miss you” I whispered “I feel lost without your guidance anymore”

“Lucifer” Coda mumbled

“Please Coda, just let me talk to him” I whispered

“No, now Lucifer” He responded

The tone in his voice made my head snap to the right of us as a pack of wolves came out of the forest. Eye’s full of hunger they continued towards us, heads down growling. The guns we left in the car, not thinking we would need them now making us feel empty as we watched them stalk forward. It wouldn’t be bad if we were not human at this moment, Coda and I have the same cycle time, for two days at the beginning of each month we transform from demons to breakable humans, after the two days are up we become stronger in our demon forms.

“Get behind me Lucifer” Coda mumbled

“No, I can fight with you” I replied

“Now is not the time to be stubborn!” He growled

Our bodies grew tense as one of the wolves pounced, rustling in the tree caught my attention as something jumped from it, tackling the wolf to the ground. I recognized the form of a human body, yet as I focused more I could make out a tail as well as cat ears. They rolled a few times before she had the wolf pinned down hissing in his face as she bit his ear earning a yelp as the rest of the wolves fled along with the defeated one.

“Stay behind me now” Coda mumbled stepping slightly in front of me

I couldn’t contain a small gasp as she turned around, her curly snow white hair falling to her knees covered her naked body and ears pressed against her head as her purple eyes stayed on us.

“She won’t hurt us” I whispered “I’m sure of it”

Slowly I stepped in front of Coda ever so slowly crouching down as I extended my hand out to her. She was small, in height and weight. I am positive if she came closer our forms would tower over hers. Slight smile came onto my face as she glanced between me and Coda, her nose lifted in the air.

“Crouch down” I mumbled

After a few moment of us both crouching she hesitated but began making her way over, ears twitching she crouched down in front of me sniffing my hand. I couldn’t fight the grin that appeared on my face as her purrs reached my ears as she nuzzled my hand.

“Can you talk?” I asked

She sniffed in Codas direction next, he reached his hand out as she came closer to him, both their eyes glancing at me, yet as Coda’s eyes traveled back to her mine stayed locked with hers. Purrs once again erupted from her as she nuzzled his hand. It was then that it dawned on me that she was accepting us.

“Can you talk?” I repeated

“I am sure that every living thing can speak in their own ways” She responded

Smiling I glanced at Coda then back at her “well do you have a name?”

“No” She replied

“Can I give you one?” I asked

I watched as she bit her lip and glanced around, looking at anything and anyone but me.

“I don’t believe you would want to do that” She mumbled

“Why?” I asked

“You would then have to keep me, I do not mean as a pet, I mean as a mate. Over time you would have to mate with me, the animals in the forest said that this was why I couldn’t remember my name, my kind don’t have names until our soul mate gives us one” She responded

The words should of turned me away, I am positive if it were any other person I would have turned away, yet something about her seemed right, I knew that if I walked away without her I would feel as empty as I did why my father died. Softly I stroked her hair playing with the curls that framed her face perfectly.

“Well then, your name will be winter” I smiled

Just like that our fate was bound together.

 



© 2010 sorellaflowers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good job here, interesting story you worked up. Your writing style seemed different then most of your other work but thats not a bad thing. I liked your word choice and description of the enviroment around. Some small errors but nothing that really hindered the overall story. Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good job here, interesting story you worked up. Your writing style seemed different then most of your other work but thats not a bad thing. I liked your word choice and description of the enviroment around. Some small errors but nothing that really hindered the overall story. Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

corny!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010


Author

sorellaflowers
sorellaflowers

O.o creepers wana know but im not telling =P, WA



About
Well I won't give you my real name, I plan to publish my writing someday, I go by sorella, to be honest I don't write to become famous, thats not my dream at all, I write to be heard, my views, though.. more..

Writing
Characters Characters

A Chapter by sorellaflowers


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by sorellaflowers