What I'm not

What I'm not

A Poem by Soren

I know to you it's not enough

But for me it's all I got

I'm only average

You wanted something above

Now you're only happy with what I'm not

© 2023 Soren


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Needy people are impossible to love. In my opinion they really expect more of themselves and that need will never be fulfilled by anyone else. We're all just "average", my friend. In fact, we're all just piles of dirt. One pile of dirt can't look at another and proclaim, "I'm better dirt than you!" But, if by some twist of fate or chance one pile of dirt may contain more or better nutrients than another, it will only become evident in the things that grow there. Some ground is good only for bearing thistles and briars while other ground may be suitable for flowers, fruits and vegetables. It's what we inwardly contain and produce as a result of it that matters, not outward appearances. Just my thoughts. Bless, F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Wisdom speaks. So true, we are all made of the same dirt and arrogance often takes the place of feel.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

1 Year Ago

Oh, I'm far from being "wise" but I try not to be a complete fool all the time. I pray God helps me .. read more
I think you need to rethink this relationship.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thanks John for the review and comment.
Ah, yes, Unrequited Love, I guess we've all been the "What I'm Not" to the "One We Want," and maybe even Vise Versa ...it sucks. ...But on the bright-side, it is the vice of verses for poets ...bad joke :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thanks JD not a bad joke but a cosmic one. I appreciate the read and comment.
The logic of the poetry my good friend. So honest, so true. I tell the young folks. Before you get marry. Live with the person Soren. You may hate their ways. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote


Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear friend for your read and kind comments.
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are welcome Soren.
A great play of words here Soren.
Also, a great take on relationships. Relationships are forged for mutual reinforcement. So if one is made to feel deficient in it, then its time to bring it to a close.
Very well stated.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you DIVYA for the review and wise comment.
It is her loss in my opinion. She wants something more because of what...she is better than anyone? Whatever...those who think they are better are nothing compared to those who truly are. Goodbye is the perfect greeting for her.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thanks Will for the read and comment.
This is so above average. I love it. Peple need to take the time to get to really know someone before they say anything. You've said all that so cleverly and well.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you Ken for the review and such kind words.
People are often shallow and cruel; and because they only see on the surface level, they deny themselves something so much deeper. It doesn't help that society promotes beauty that is only skin deep. This was succcint and to the point and is something to which we can all relate. Well done.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for your review and insightful comments
I understand this so much. Those who seek perfection are going to be disappointed. Not one of us is without flaws. Those who look for the faults in others should take a long hard look at themselves. Some can only focus on the imperfections and miss out on the attributes. Nice piece of brevity Soren.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Chris as usual you captured the thought completely. Very well said thank you so much for the read an.. read more
Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

You could have written this poem on my behalf. I have had experience of this. You say it perfectly.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2023
Last Updated on February 5, 2023

Author

Soren
Soren

Writing
Raising water Raising water

A Poem by Soren


Sans disgrace Sans disgrace

A Poem by Soren


Safe inside Safe inside

A Poem by Soren



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren