Love and Hate / Heaven and Hell

Love and Hate / Heaven and Hell

A Poem by Soren

Have you ever wondered if the devil can love?

Or if there's hate that comes from above?


If you can't feel love they say that is hell

But hell may be to love as well

© 2023 Soren


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have had both heaven and hell in my love life...they certainly seem to co-exist all too well together.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

It seems that the duality of things in this life is pervasive. Thanks for the review.
The second couplet is quite pithy. Anyone who has ever received a Dear John letter can testify to that.

Posted 1 Year Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soren

1 Year Ago

Thanks for the review John. The comment is appreciated.
I like how you present this. I love the curiosity of it. It’s a lot to ponder and I often do. Not sure we need to have to completely defeat the other side, to have that dualistic mind. I think integration brings more harmony and is more balanced and brings unity. No easy answers here for sure, but your poem asks excellent questions. Brilliant write.


Posted 1 Year Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for the review and thoughtful comments. Yes no answer here.
Ladysue

1 Year Ago

My pleasure..
I believe the devil is all about greed. He's in love with himself. His vanity could possibly make way to entertain a favorite pet but it could never be his equal. Love is a selfless thing. It's not a gesture but a commitment to value another's happiness above your own. And as Shakespeare might say (in fact he did) "Ah, there's the rub!" Love never hurts. The thing that hurts is our unfulfilled and unrealistic expectation of love. It's only built to give, after all. It takes no thought of self at all. How dare love be so blasted generous with my heart! That sort of thing is rampant in the human condition. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for your review and well thought out response. As a parent I love my children and .. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

1 Year Ago

Don't confuse love with loss or disappointment. Those are entirely two different things. Suffering c.. read more
I have heard of a love/hate relationship though I am not sure that addresses the question in this suitably. Definitely poetic food for thought.

Posted 1 Year Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soren

1 Year Ago

Thanks Will for the review and comments. We talk of love and hate as if they were all or nothing but.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2023
Last Updated on March 28, 2023

Author

Soren
Soren

Writing
Safe inside Safe inside

A Poem by Soren


Poems of smoke Poems of smoke

A Poem by Soren