That annoying as hell fly.

That annoying as hell fly.

A Story by soumynona
"

...What? It's about writer's block.

"

What is the sound of a tree falling if there is no one in the forest to hear it?

                What does a blind man see in his dream?

                What is the sound of one hand clapping?

                Trying to think of answers to these questions was like trying to get rid of my writer’s block. I could not overcome it, I couldn’t merely just, shake it off.

                There were always these…thoughts in my head saying, “Oh, well, you’re no good are you?” “I would dodge that idea; I don’t think many readers would like it.”

                Writer’s block is like that annoying hungry fly that’s been pestering and annoying the s**t out of you for the past forty minutes over your chicken Caesar salad, flying around your head and even embarrassing you in front of other people when you take a vain-but-hopeful swat at it.

                But you can get that fly, with effort, and with patience. That fly will soon be dead on the ground once you reach that reward in your perseverance. Writer’s block can be overcome, and you know it because you had probably overcome it before. So why stop now? Writer’s block is just a fly. 

© 2012 soumynona


Author's Note

soumynona
I know...it's short. Give me a break I'm fourteen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really nice considering your fourteen and i love the questions in the beginning ........... keep on writing ..... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012

Author

soumynona
soumynona

Boston, CA



About
Just another anonymous writer looking for a shot out there... also I have dreams of being an Olympic swimmer. So... more..

Writing