Winding Roads

Winding Roads

A Poem by Spacecadet
"

More prose, less Poem. This was me writing through someone else's eyes.

"
                                                       Winding Roads

There comes a point when you freeze to just take in everything that's going on in your life at that time.
You look around and go back to the past when you spoke about your future so passionately.
Of the places you'd go and the things you'd achieve and most importantly, the people who'd be standing by your side when all your dreams come true. 
Suddenly one day, the future becomes your present and there you are standing alone in a crowded room, amazed at life and how incredibly unpredictable it turns out to be.
You're where you always knew you'd be and happiness knocks at your door waiting to embrace you. 
And then you look around to see that the people who meant most to you, the ones who'd promise to never leave had just been lost along the way. 
The journey of life delivered you to success but through rather lonely roads and somewhere along the way, you lost the part of your heart that felt love. You lost a part of you.

© 2014 Spacecadet


Author's Note

Spacecadet
Forgive the lack of fancy words but there was no better way to put the thought across than being straightforward.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the review that zach did, he had a very good point. Why even use fancy words when you can describe everything clearly and concisely. I feel this and it makes me relatively sad.. But as I have realized, moving on and rediscovering yourself is the best part of any sorrowful moment in our lives.
"the ones who'd promise to never leave had just been lost along the way."

Eh... that pinched my heart :s Oh well..


Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Strange how I only just read this now. Warms my heart , the appreciation :) Thanks so much!
Why use fancy words when it can be summed up better with simpler terms? You hit the mark with piece. Each line brings another true testament on how life sometimes is and how we perceive it. Such wonderful writing, thanks for sharing. Oh, and I love the title.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much Zach, I'm glad you like it! :)
Well written and good job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I think being straightforward in this piece is what makes it so great. You have a passion in your writing that makes the piece easy to connect with. Well done!

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Stefanie! It makes me happy that what I think is a weakness in this piece appears to .. read more
A beautiful and true poem for the people with great dreams and hope. You will leave many people behind and they can't be found again. I like the use of the winding Roads. Thank you for sharing the thoughts provoking poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very beautiful. It definitely shows the power that time has as we look for one instant and we are at one place, and the next, we are somewhere else entirely. Very well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Well like they say, change is the only constant right? You can't help but go with the flow!
I'.. read more
This is really passionate and sweet :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I never viewed it that way but I will now :) Thanks for reading!
It works quite well...
Enjoyed your journey...sometimes sad sometimes..just real.
Good job.
Scott

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

Yeah, sometimes, it just is how it is.
Thanks for the compliment :)
Scott Metro

10 Years Ago

:)
Scott.....
"lonely roads and somewhere along the way, you lost the part of your heart that felt love. You lost a part of you"
This was sooo good... Thank you for sharing...:)...............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Spacecadet

10 Years Ago

I'm so glad you liked it :) Thanks for the review!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)......................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on February 24, 2014
Tags: Journey, Life, Winding Roads, Cross Roads, Love, Pieces of you

Author

Spacecadet
Spacecadet

About
I'm a student, moody writer and keen discoverer of soulful writing. Everything I write is right from my heart. Being a hopeless romantic, my favorite genre to read and write is romance. Heartbreak mak.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..