How to Become a Great Turnip.

How to Become a Great Turnip.

A Story by F
"

My first attempt at a "silly" children's short story. (Guess what the turnip and the potato actually are.)

"
Once there was a little turnip. It was sitting right next to its mom; it was warm and cosy. "Momma, I want to be really great when I'm older! How do I become really great?", it asked. Its mom only said: "I don't know, little turnip, but I'm sure we will find out!"

The next day the little turnip saw something dark coming toward it and its mother. "Look, momma! What's that?" "Oh, no! Close your eyes, little turnip, you don't want to see this!" So the little turnip closed its eyes. After a while the little turnip opened its eyes again, but its mom was gone. It was really sad and confused. Where did its mom go?

After two weeks its mom was still not back and the little turnip felt really lonely. If only its mom would come back! I hope I will see her again soon, the little turnip thought.

Later in the day the little turnip saw something dark in the distance again. Maybe it will bring me back to my momma, it thought. This time the little turnip didn't close its eyes and it saw something big on two legs in front of it.

Suddenly the little turnip felt itself lifted upwards. Woooh, this was fun! Then it got carried away from the spot that the little turnip had called its home. Now I will see my momma again, it thought. Soon it should find out that it was wrong.

The human that had taken the little turnip didn't return it to its mom. Instead it went into a cool and dark, dark room. The little turnip was really afraid. What would happen to it now? Then the human went away and left the little turnip in the dark.

The little turnip had to wait for a long time until the human came back. It didn't know whether it had to wait for only a few hours or if it was days. It was a bit brighter in the room now. The human lifted the little turnip up again and moved towards the source of the light. The human had to climb a hill of wooden planks until it was in an even brighter room. Soon the human put the little turnip down again.

Next to the little turnip was a little potato. "Hello, little potato!", the little turnip said. "Hello, little turnip!", the little potato said. "How are you feeling?", the little turnip asked. "Oh, I'm just feeling like a potato. I'm confused and I don't know what's going on", the little potato answered. "I think I'm feeling like a potato, too. Do you know where my momma is?", the little turnip replied. "No, I have no idea, I'm sorry", the other answered. "It's okay. I hope I will see her soon", the little turnip said. 

Very soon a different human came closer. It had longer hair than the other. It opened something in the wooden block that the little turnip and the little potato were lying on. Suddenly it had something very sharp in its hands. It came even closer to the little turnip and the little potato and said:"This soup is going to be delicious. The potato and the turnip look really great!" And the last thing that the little turnip thought was that at least it had found out how to be really great.

THE END.

© 2014 F


Author's Note

F
Grammar doesn't matter to me, but tell me what you feel and think about the content of the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 31, 2014
Last Updated on October 31, 2014
Tags: improve, loss, family, life, success, fear, death, cruel, food, animal, farm, eat, vegetarian, vegan

Author

F
F

Germany



Writing
Lilly and Her Sun Lilly and Her Sun

A Story by F