Lunchtime

Lunchtime

A Chapter by Kristy Young
"

Miguel and Katie have lunch together.

"
Two more periods later, it was time for lunch.  Miguel and Katie sat together at an empty table in the back of the cafeteria.  They wanted some time alone so they could talk about their date.
"So, Katie, where do you wanna go for our date?" Miguel asked the girl.
"Hmmm..." Katie pondered, "How about a movie?"
"OK, what movie?"
"I was thinking something romantic, like the new Endless Love movie."
"Oh, well I was thinking of something like The Lego Movie," Miguel suggested, "It has more action."
Katie wasn't so sure of a movie like that.  Movies with lots of action were often too loud or had too many visual effects, and that usually overstimulated and overwhelmed her.
But at the same time, Katie wanted to please Miguel and compromise with him.  She wanted to show him that she was mature enough to handle an action movie.
"OK," Katie said as she took a bite of her sandwich, "I'll ask my parents if I can go see The Lego Movie with you."
"Alright!" said Miguel.
Katie and Miguel continued to eat their lunches without saying much.


© 2014 Kristy Young


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: aspergers, autism, teen, teenager, romance, crush, lunch, lunchtime


Author

Kristy Young
Kristy Young

Largo, MD



About
I'm an autistic, bisexual woman. I love writing and drawing. Most importantly, I love my family and God. I'm an advocate for LGBT and disabled people. I write to get my message of diversity and eq.. more..

Writing