Leap pt. 2

Leap pt. 2

A Story by Spencer Hoadley
"

part two of leap

"
 

For the rest of school, Sean tried to smile, but with Sophie's news, he found it hard. After school ended, he would only have four days with her.

He met her outside her last class of the day, and they shared a brief hug, before parting ways to walk home.

Tuesday and Wednesday passed with unnerving haste. There wasn't really any change to their schedules, only that they couldn't hold hands or hug on Wednesday due to Sara following them to lunch.

On Thursday there was a school wide field trip to go to a local museum, and only a handful of students didn't go, including Sean and Sophie. Because there were so few students at the school, the teachers allowed the students to do whatever they wanted. Sean and Sophie met half-way down the hall that connected to the auditorium two hours before lunch, and just talked by the auditorium until lunch. After lunch, they just roamed the halls and talked. About an hour and a half after lunch, they realized that they could probably leave early. Just to be safe, they left through the back doors by the auditorium, and started heading towards Sophie's house.

“My parents shouldn't be home until about four, so you can walk me all the way to my front door.” Sophie told Sean while they were walking. But after a couple seconds of thinking, she added “But, if its ok with you, i kinda of want to just stay on the front porch with you for a while.” Spencer smiled, grabbed her hand, and said “Sounds like a great idea to me.”

For the two hours that they had alone at her house, they sat in Sophie's family porch swing, and stayed as close as they could. Sean was half slouched in a corner, at a slight angle, with Sophie laying up against him, her head on his shoulder, and her right hand of his chest.

Before they knew it, there were other kids heading down the street. They looked at Sophie's phone, and saw that it was a quarter till four.

“My brother is probably on his way,so you should leave before he gets here.” She told Sean as they stood up. “Okay.” He replied. “I wouldn't want you getting in trouble on your last....” He couldn't finish. He couldn't say our loud that is was her last day. As hey were hugging good-bye, Sean said “See you tomorrow, I miss you already.”

Sean woke up an hour early Friday morning so he could spend as much extra time with Sophie as he could. They spent the hour before school wandering the halls just being together. Between every class, they would find each other just to be able to briefly hug.

As soon as their last classes were over, they met at Sophie's locker. When he got to her locker, she had just finished cleaning it out. Neither of them wanted to, but they left the school and started the walk to Sophie's house. For the majority of the time, they didn't talk, just walked and held hands. Sooner than they expected, they were at her house.

He couldn't believe that this was the last time he would see her for...who knows how long. Neither knew what to say, so they just hugged. They stood in front of her house and hugged for who knows how long. “I need to say something.” Sean whispered into Sophie's ear. “Just say it.” She told him. He felt his eyes starting to water. “I love you.” He whispered slightly louder than before. “I love you too.” She told him. He felt three tears escape. Slowly they loosened the hug, until they were looking each other in the eyes. And then slowly, their faces began to move together. Slowly their lips met. Neither of them had kissed anybody before, and the feeling they got was unbelievable. All the nerve-endings in their lips and mouths were firing. The first lasted only a matter of seconds, but after they caught their breaths and realized what had happened, they kissed one more time.

As the moving truck pulled out of the driveway, Sean dropped to is knees, and broke down.

© 2010 Spencer Hoadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice work keep writhing storyes you have a great way in exspressing your emtions in your storys nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww! *tear* Well done. You should go through and fix the typos though.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 8, 2010
Last Updated on March 8, 2010

Author

Spencer Hoadley
Spencer Hoadley

Twin Falls, ID



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Spencer Hoadley