The Sunset

The Sunset

A Story by Spencer Hoadley
"

a creative writing piece. it still needs work

"
 

A flash of light catches my eye. I peer across the valley and see the sun beginning to set, having just come out from behind a thin layer of clouds. The opulence of the colors makes me stare in awe. The sun looks as if it were settling into the valley for its evening rest. The rooftops and fields turn deep azure and heliotrope. Getting closer to the sun, the colors become brighter, as if trying to keep the luminescence of the sun. The wisps of cloud pass above as a royal purple, slowly fade to an intense cherry red, then quickly change to a soft, almost wispy, pink. The low peaks around darken as if becoming a part of the shadows themselves, while the wisps around them begin to glow with a deep caramel color, which lighten to an almost creamy, gold color. As the sun dips further down, the florescent colors of the sky darken, allowing a star or two to appear. “A beautiful, forgotten sight” I thought to myself, as I began to walk away.

© 2010 Spencer Hoadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this story describes a sunset for all its beauty, job well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


dude i love ur writing


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 23, 2010

Author

Spencer Hoadley
Spencer Hoadley

Twin Falls, ID



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Spencer Hoadley