My Second Family

My Second Family

A Story by Spencer Hoadley
"

essay i wrote about my second family

"

We all have friends who are just like family. You don't plan it, and you can't force it to happen; but when it happens, they end up having a bigger impact on you then you ever would have imagined. It makes me wonder how, in this world full of individuals, we can actually manage to find the people with whom we can connect with. For me, this is the Robinson family.

The first time I remember seeing their family was on a Sunday. I was giving a talk, and the first thing I saw were twins sitting in the front row. You can imagine I got nervous seeing blonde twins right in from of me. Now, let's fast forward a few months.

Their family has become a bigger part of my life then I expected. Their four youngest, Olivia, Rylee, Paislee, and Spencer are some of the cutest kids I know. I don't know that much about them, but from what I know, they seem very smart and talented.

Next oldest is Brayden. Like the younger kids, I don't really know him that well. We participated in some church activities together, but that's about it.

Their oldest are the twins, Amber and Ashley. Whenever I tell my friends I'm hanging out with the twins, they always reply with winks or other comments that are equivalent to a wink. Then I explain that I know them through church; which tends to stop the comments, and I tell them a little bit about them.

Amber is the older twin. She has short blonde hair, and amazing musical talent. She plays piano, trumpet, and guitar; and she plays them beautifully. She was the only girl on the Stuart football team, and did better then a lot of the guys on the team. Even though she's four years younger then me, she's more mature then most people my age. But she still has a great sense of humor.

At first glance, Ashley might seem like a prep. But give her just five minutes, and she'll prove you wrong. She's one of the most affable people I know. Her hair is longer then Amber's, but is the same sun-kissed blonde. She has an exceptionally beautiful singing voice, which I think will take her far someday.

The twins have helped me more then they know, and more then they probably ever will know. They're both extremely beautiful girls, and I'm lucky to be able to call them my best friends.

Most of the time I'm with them, Norman, the dad, is at work.

This leaves Rebecca. I hope she doesn't mind if I call her mom in this. Mom paints nails beautifully, she can bake like no other, and is all around a great mother.

When things at home get hectic, or I just need to get away, their house is where I go. No matter what mood I'm in, or how low I am, they always bring a smile to my face. I wish to thank them, for everything, from the deepest part of my heart, and hope they know how much I appreciate them. Thank you Robinsons.

© 2011 Spencer Hoadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on October 29, 2011

Author

Spencer Hoadley
Spencer Hoadley

Twin Falls, ID



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Spencer Hoadley