Simple Cleaning of Oiled Hardwood Flooring

Simple Cleaning of Oiled Hardwood Flooring

A Story by Spencer Custance
"

There are some types of hardwood flooring that have oiled surfaces and you need to keep their shine and glow up to the beat by regular maintenance and proper care.

"
There are some types of hardwood flooring that have oiled surfaces and you need to keep their shine and glow up to the beat by regular maintenance and proper care. It does not take much time nor is it too difficult to proceed with. You just need to have the basic information that is required for cleaning oiled hardwood flooring. Here is a simple guideline which will help you in cleaning your oiled hardwood flooring.

You can start cleaning your oiled hardwood flooring by cleaning the surface thoroughly with a vacuum as well as a dry rug to further ensure that there neither are any remains of dirt nor of debris. This is important because if there are remains of debris on the surface of the oiled hardwood floor, the entire processing of cleaning would result in negative results. Oiled hardwood flooring also requires a change for its oil once in a while. And it cannot be done without cleaning it properly.

When the surface of the oiled hardwood flooring is completely cleaned, use a clean rag for applying the cleaning oil on the hardwood flooring which is specially made for cleaning such surfaces. Make sure that you do not apply this cleaning oil to the rag, not the surface of the hardwood flooring. Because if you did so, it might leave a think and greasy stain over the surface which would differentiate one spot of the surface from the rest of the flooring. But if you apply this oil on the rag and clean the surface with it, it would work fine.

Make sure that you firmly clean the surface by scrubbing it with the rag. Besides, apply the cleaning oil to the entire surface equally rather than putting it on just one spot, making it look different from the rest. Moreover, you also need to change the rags when during the cleaning process. If your room is more than just big, you might require a lot of rags to complete the entire process.

When you have scrubbed the entire surface of the oiled hardwood flooring, you need to leave it for at least 2 hours. By doing so, the oiled hardwood flooring absorbs the oil which ultimately results in its glow and shine. However, you can repeat the same process for an even better result. Besides a better result, it can also be used to even up any dark or light spots developed after applying the cleaning oil.

© 2022 Spencer Custance


Author's Note

Spencer Custance

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6819 Views
Added on February 10, 2021
Last Updated on December 31, 2022
Tags: flooring