Still in Progress

Still in Progress

A Story by Eric Richard
"

A struggling teenage girl.

"
Hi my name is Becky…Becky Durant, but everyone calls me Bucky or more simply Bucks. I recently moved here to the town of Whitewater, Colorado after completing high school back in Scottsdale, Arizona. I have been here for only a matter of weeks and already feel like calling it quits with…with…with everything. My passion to live no longer holds valid for I have reached my wits end.

Throughout my entire life I have been seen as the “freaky weird girl.” You know the girl who sits by herself in the corner of the lunchroom with the Rubbermaid lunchbox, quietly reading to herself, never encircled by friends of any sorts or better yet; the one whose name is always brought up in conversation except when the one where guys talk about what girl they catch themselves drooling over. Men are pigs. I am that girl, the one everyone seems to know somehow and in a negative form. And if my name is mentioned it’s solely to achieve a cheap laugh. I do not know you exist and yet at the same time you aver as if you know me at every turn. 

I took this opportunity of moving as a way to put myself out there in hopes of a change, for a change of friendships, a brand new impact on my social life, or therefore lack of, a brighter future; however, the start of my new life precisely mirrors that of my former being back in Scottsdale. 

© 2011 Eric Richard


Author's Note

Eric Richard
All reviews welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011

Author

Eric Richard
Eric Richard

Palm Coast, FL



About
Been interested in writing since as long as I can remember. I hold my Bachelor's degree in creative writing and my associate's degree in General Business. I took a creative writing course which .. more..

Writing
Liberty Liberty

A Poem by Eric Richard


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Eric Richard