Chapter 1- State of Decay

Chapter 1- State of Decay

A Chapter by spizz567

The frigid wind touched my spine and sent violent shivers down my back, as I slowly made my way through the snow. We were in the middle of the winter woods. The sun setting down the horizon, night slowly creeping in. The stars appearing, expressing their everlasting beauty. Clay seemingly capable of carrying all the heavy lifting. Lorelei and I left behind.

"How far up?" Lorelei asked breathlessly.

"We're almost there" I replied with doubt. I was not so sure, where we were.

"We'll have to tug through the night. Rising Sun bases are to close for comfort" Clay stretched his back muscles and grinned at us. 

"Need help princess?" He asked.

"I'm fine, thank- you" Lorelei replied with a sarcastic smile, and kicked the snow.

"Wasn't talking to you" He gestured towards me.

 

In discomfort, I lay in the snow attempting to sleep through the night. Rising Sun authorities would be able to track down the smoke from the fire. If they do find us, they would kill all three of us on site. Surviving prisoners back at camp, are most likely murdered, now being cremated. I tightly clung onto a shivering Lorelei. We both attempted to share our body heat and keep each other warm, while Clay slept on his own. We had not run into any travelers, something we all hoped for. Not even any bandits, which seemed strange even if we were close to the prison camp. I wished for my sister. For my parents. I longed for their sweat words to help me sleep. I was not one to feel vulnerable. However, now I just could not help myself. I wondered how Clay could do it. An orphan, ever since 2 years of age. It sickened me, what the Rising Sun were capable of. 

"Told you we should've kept on moving" A restless Clay said, reaching for his knife.

"We can't walk forever" Lorelei argued. I felt sorry for the heiress. Being brought up with everything, and now having to live with nothing. A taste of what her parents are assisting in creating. Her thick, sweet smelling blonde hair seemed to wrap about my face. I gently inched closer to her, wrapping tightly around her. I was not going to lie. A million thoughts ran through my head. What it would feel like to . . . I abruptly stopped thinking, and tried to think of something more . . . Appropriate. It seemed to me, that women had a sixth sense for these sort of things. 



© 2013 spizz567


Author's Note

spizz567
All reviews are welcome. Harsh ones, nice ones, they are all productive :). So please, it would be nice if you could stop by and post a comment :)

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has continued reading? If so, I'll make them longer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like where this is going.
You've got a nice group dynamic going. Just to clear something up though, when Clay reaches for his knife are we to assume they were in a fight with some pursuers? Or is it just there to be there?
And that was a great way to end the chapter, everybody loves a sexual joke. God knows my book will be full of them.
Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Awesome, thanks for the review, much appreciated.
Not really, Clay just loves his weaponry! Al.. read more
PureHeaven

10 Years Ago

Anytime yo.



Reviews

This sentence read a bit weird "Clay seemingly capable of carrying all the heavy lifting. Lorelei and I left behind." Might want to improve it a tad

Good scenes and descriptions. Athough the short sentences makes it a tad hard to read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Awesome! Thanks :D
Very helpful.
I like where this is going.
You've got a nice group dynamic going. Just to clear something up though, when Clay reaches for his knife are we to assume they were in a fight with some pursuers? Or is it just there to be there?
And that was a great way to end the chapter, everybody loves a sexual joke. God knows my book will be full of them.
Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Awesome, thanks for the review, much appreciated.
Not really, Clay just loves his weaponry! Al.. read more
PureHeaven

10 Years Ago

Anytime yo.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013


Author

spizz567
spizz567

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
16 year old, male, amateur writer. Wanting to improve on my writing, and receive some feedback. The Walking Dead is the best. more..

Writing