Chapter 2- Estelle

Chapter 2- Estelle

A Chapter by spizz567

"He should have never been there in the first place"

“Hand me some cloth"

"It wasn't my fault, I was just protecting the pack"

"Weston, rip your shirt, and Clay" Lorelei huffed stubborn blonde locks out of her emerald eyes. "Shut the f**k up" 

I tore some fabric from my shirt and handed it to Lorelei. "Clay, he's going to die . . ." I said numbly stepping closer. The blade struck the trader's abdomen, he slowly gurgled away to a deep slumber. Thick, red liquid splashed against the tree trunk. Clay had meant to hurt him, but had he meant to almost kill him? Or was it just reflex? Impulse? Lorelei used the cloth to suppress the bleeding. It was small but deep and required stitches. 

"He's not going to make it" Lorelei breathed, eyes wide. "Clay . . . Take his supplies" She ordered with reluctance. 

"Wait, now we're gonna rob him?" I protested in disbelief. 

"I like her already" Clay winked and began picking up the trader's weapons, then the vegetables. Clay had struck a trader who sneaked up on us through the night, and now while he was moments away from death, we were going to rob him? Was I going to be the only voice of reason?

“No, no, stop both of you!” Charging up to Clay, I expected to push him so hard, that’ll he’ll trip and run off. Instead his palms wrapped around my face, and I somehow ended up hitting a rock on the ground. I lay there and felt blood ooze out of my head. My palms pressed against he snow as I tried to regain my balance. The menacing blondes hovered above me.

“That was unnecessary” Lorelei rolled her eyes.

“It had to be done” Clay replied, and forcefully kicked me back to the snow.

 

“Stop please! Please stop!”

“Argh, let her go!”

“Clay no!”

In a split second, my eyes opened. Before me a Rising Sun guard began undressing Lorelei, and another faught with Clay to the side. My conscious regained slowly, a splitting headache made my head pulse. My eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of their sockets. Regaining my balance I stood and stared. Lorelei or Clay? I felt the back of my head bandaged. It’ll be Lorelei.

“Weston, Weston no!” She cried. The Rising Sun guard turned around and went to throw a punch. I rolled, dodged his attack and tackled him to a tree. Beside me, Clay attempted to behead an officer with his sword, but missed.

“Come get it” I gritted between my teeth. The Rising Sun guard ‘got it’. His fist slammed against my left cheek. I fell against a tree for balance. To my left, Lorelei charged at the officer, however, he grabbed her wrist and swung her to another tree.

 

I went to defend Lorelei, but an arrow stabbed the guard in his eye! “What . . .” I breathed. Next to me, Clay’s guard also slumped dead, from the same fate”

“What the hell?” Clay said aloud.
“Who’s there?!” I yelled full of adrenaline. Clay frantically searched the trees, and Lorelei lay in the snow.

“The other side . . . Take me to the other side” Lorelei murmured.

“Clay . . .” I breathed as I studied her. “Clay her side!” A small dart had been implanted in Lorelei’s side.

“Poison” Clay pricked it out and smelt the venom.

“Show yourself!” I yelled.



© 2013 spizz567


Author's Note

spizz567
I'll have the next one up by tomorrow! Definitely tomorrow :D

Reviews are always appreciated, only takes a minute!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Thanks! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
1 Review
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on June 14, 2013


Author

spizz567
spizz567

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
16 year old, male, amateur writer. Wanting to improve on my writing, and receive some feedback. The Walking Dead is the best. more..

Writing