WHAT HAVE YOU GOT LEFT?  Written by Rïén Kelso

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT LEFT? Written by Rïén Kelso

A Poem by splattercore
"

#poetry #poem #poetrycommunity #horror #death #blood #slasher #metal #deathmetal #dailypoem #dailypoetry #splattercore #suicide #young #old #youth #beauty #attractive #ugly #worn #leather #skin

"
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT LEFT?
Written by Rïén Kelso

I’ve been watching you from the shadows. When you were at your most vulnerable.
A deep, long look in the mirror.
You hated what you saw so much that you decided to punch it.
Watching the glass fall off the cracks in a shower of reflective shards.
The only thing sharper than your spite was from the jagged edges that will continue to sustain any type of existence.
In its place, you have a lost soul left to wander this world alone.
The relationships that you formed have crumbled.
Your ambition and passion have turned into a perpetual state of self-loathing that is treated with a tall glass of rum at night.
An eternal depressive state that rots you of your very core.
The only eyes that you have ever had were the gawking daggers from your assailants.
Those that saw nothing except for glorious exterior, neverminding the hollow depths that dwell deep inside your consciousness.
When the attention you have received started melting away, you began wondering what your connection to this world was anymore.
And as hard as you may have tried to find the answer, it had already passed you by.
You were meant to live hard and die young.
And you’ve already lived hard.
I would implore you to take one long look in the mirror but it seems you aren’t even capable of doing that anymore.
You can only see yourself in the pieces that you choose to view with your memories attatched.
Gone are the bad times and only the good will be remembered.
What a waste.

© 2018 splattercore


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on November 9, 2018
Last Updated on November 9, 2018
Tags: poetry, poem, community, horror, death, blood, slasher, metal, daily, splattercore, suicide, young, old, youth, beauty, attractive, ugly, worn, leather, skin

Author

splattercore
splattercore

Silent Hill, CA



About
t's plain and simple. I don't give a s**t. Just writing what I'm feeling tomorrow. I can write pieces that will stick to me for a lifetime. I can also throw those very same pieces in the garbage a wee.. more..

Writing
Drip Drop Drip Drop

A Story by splattercore