Colours

Colours

A Poem by heylel

Blue is the colour of both the sea and the sky, of soft sea foam washing across sandy beaches, of cloudless nights, of summer days spent beside the pool, the cool water lapping gently at your toes. Blue is tranquillity, depth, understanding. Blue is a soft voice calling out, the one you don’t want to stop hearing. Who whispers encouragement and to whom you will always find sanctuary. 

White is the colour of cold, cold snow. Of the waning moon on sleepless nights, of the ice you dance across on a frozen morning and the breath you exhale. White is pillows on a lazy Sunday morning, fluffy clouds trimmed with silver, clean sheets, and warm milk. White is purity and forgiveness, faith, and softness.

Red is the colour of fire and blood, of heat and emotion, of passion and of danger. Red is pain and loss and hunger and hatred, of love and commitment. Of beauty and of roses- the type with thorns that prick your finger, you wipe away the blood. It is the comfort of a much-needed hug, the heat of intimacy, the sharp feeling in your chest and the crimson liquid your hands are covered in. Red is haunting and deceiving, angry and envious.  

© 2015 heylel


Author's Note

heylel
I tried to describe a few colours a while back and this happened. I'll add more when I get more time. Thanks for your patience!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the use of imagery in your work. Quality representation of something so simple. I also love how you connect the colors to the emotions we feel as human beings. Great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Yes. Please do this. Reading your work paints a portrait and the canvas. Great Job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful piece, I absolutely love the descriptions. What made you get the idea to write about colours?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 17, 2015
Last Updated on November 18, 2015
Tags: colours, blue, white, red, descriptions, practice

Author

heylel
heylel

Australia



About
Welcome to paradise, friends! My name is Eli, and I'm an aspiring author/poet. I will try my best to post here as often as I can. Feedback is greatly appreciated! more..

Writing
Skin & Bones Skin & Bones

A Poem by heylel


Riot Riot

A Poem by heylel