Makeup Artist To The Stars Raquel Reis

Makeup Artist To The Stars Raquel Reis

A Story by starpower
"

Hard work and passion pays off for Brazilian makeup artist Raquel Reis

"



How interesting it must be to be a make-up artist. The artist’s medium is the human body and you get to work with a lot of actors on some pretty cool projects. The make-up artist is the one who applies makeup and/or prosthetics to the actor before they set foot on the shooting set or stage, if they are working in live theatre. Raquel Reis, the Brazilian make-up artist has worked her magic on over 25 short films and more than five feature-length motion pictures. She has won several awards for her work including, Best Makeup for the film Becoming Lucy from the International Independent Film Awards and the LA Short Awards.

 

Raquel was born in Rio de Janeiro and she can remember experimenting with makeup when she was only five years old. It was the look on her mother’s face when she saw Raquel’s face covered in baby powder and red lipstick that made her realize how powerful makeup could be. Besides makeup, Raquel thrived in the arts; she loved to be creative and she was fascinated by colors and writing stories. She also danced ballet and jazz and she performed in a great many shows from the age of 6 until she was 17. Since the productions never had a make-up artist on hand, Raquel learned how to put on her own makeup. After that she immersed herself in the study of makekup techniques by watching Youtube channels, especially Niina Secrets and Mari Santarem. When her friends went to special events, it was always Raquel who did their makeup.

 

Before jumping head long into the professional world of makeup, She went to college and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology. She attended makeup classes in the summer and when she took an auto makeup class (Applying makeup to your own face), she learned that Psychologists heal from inside out, whereas Makeup Artists from the outside in. After that, Raquel studied makeup at the Gorgeous Academy in Los Angeles and had some great teachers, including, Megan Sutherland (Celebrity Makeup) and Adrienne Sanchez (Bruno Mars’ Makeup Artist). When she filled in for a friend who couldn’t go to a shoot, everything changed for Raquel. People called her to work on feature films, short films, music videos, commercials, photo shoots and live theatre productions. Her career has been pretty much non-stop since then.

 

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8456343/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
Added on April 15, 2018
Last Updated on April 15, 2018
Tags: raquel reis, makeup

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing