The Skillful Work of Makeup Artist Rebecca Allen

The Skillful Work of Makeup Artist Rebecca Allen

A Story by starpower
"

World Class Artist -Rebecca Allen

"



We love looking at resumés. It’s usually actors who have the long lists of films and other projects they’ve done but once in a while a CV comes across our desk that isn’t from a thespian but is a bit longer and a lot more interesting because of the remarkable and familiar films that are on it. Rebecca Allen, the very talented makeup artist from Australia, has one of those wonderful resumés that sum up her work experience in several pages.

 

We, of course, understand that there is more to a life than a CV, because it can only tell you that, for instance, she was a makeup and hair artist on the 2017 movie Aquaman. It doesn’t tell us that too many times she got up at 2 am in the middle of the night to painstakingly create an actor’s makeup or do another’s hair from scratch. The CV only lets us know that she was indeed part of the production and part of the budget.

 

In the digital world of TV and now movies, makeup becomes more than important, it becomes part of the identity of the character and even the smallest flaw on the makeup job is exaggerated a hundred fold because of the ultra-clarity of high-definition digital cameras. Makeup artists might have been able to fake it once in a while in earlier decades, but they have to be extremely precise today or the audience will notice quickly and the movie is sunk because of an underdone or over blown makeup job. It has to be right on the money, so to speak.

 

Rebecca Allen obviously is a precise artist who takes the time to get each and every actor’s makeup right the first time. That’s why she is always working because other artists and producers and directors know this about her. “To do the best" get the best.” That’s how producers feel about hiring people for quality films. Rebecca’s work can be seen on the 2017 movie Aquaman, The TV series, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Thor Ragnarak, Alien Covenant, The Family Law, Guardians of the Tomb, Childhood’s End, Secret City, Gods of Egypt, Ruben Guthrie, San Andreas, Truth, The Inbetweeners 2, Mad Max Fury Road, Mako Island of Secrets S2, and many, many more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on September 13, 2018
Last Updated on September 13, 2018
Tags: rebecca allen, makeup, hair stylist

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing