From Australia to Hollywood -Kahli Williams

From Australia to Hollywood -Kahli Williams

A Story by starpower
"

Actress Kahli Williams, bringing her dreams to life.

"



From Neighbours to The Siege of Robin Hood, Kahli Williams has come a long way in a short time. Neighbours, of course, is one of Australia’s most long-lived and well-loved soap operas and The Siege of Robin Hood is a feature film that is in post-production and scheduled to be released very soon. Kahli has done a great deal of other work too, besides these two projects. She’s played Claire in the horror film Blood Hunt, which premiered at HorrorFest in Sydney and went on to high praise and plenty of screams in Germany and is now scaring people all around the world. She got rave reviews when she starred in The Proposal, which was selected to premiere at the Sitges Film Festival in Spain and is about to take Landshuter Kurzfilmfestival in Germany by storm. One reviewer wrote of Kahli’s work in that piece: "(Her) talent is indisputable. In fact, I cannot wait to see (her) working again."

 

Kahli, aka, “Queen of the indie scene,” was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival for the romantic comedy feature-length film Model Behavior. Her role as Nina, the troubled teenager, garnered great reviews and praise from critics and audience members alike. That film, by the way, was an unquestionable success. It collected 9 nominations and 3 wins, from California Film Awards, DV Festival and Melbourne Underground Film Festival. It is now available worldwide.

 

She’s also had great roles in ABC shows such as Doctor Blake Mysteries and Worst Year of My Life, Again and in numerous award-winning short films. Some of the shorts should definitely be mentioned here even though we’re running out of space. The Resurgence in which Kahli plays the character Karina, is set 20 years in the future after a war that has ravaged the earth and civilization as we know it. I knew You’d Say That! Tells the story of a hidden camera reality TV show films a couple fighting and goes to extreme lengths for ratings, while viewers at home place bets on what they might say to one another. Kahli has been in countless other projects and always comes out with some of the best reviews.

 

She is also a disciplined writer and has three active projects in development. Kahli has learned a great deal about herself and life itself by being in one of the most competitive industries on the planet. She told us that it is all about the work, and there is no substitution for the work. You really have to be driven by a passionate need to immerse yourself in storytelling, and you have to have it bubbling up in you to the point where it just becomes you. It’s so important to look after yourself physically, spiritually and emotionally, or it can really take you down when the going gets tough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on February 8, 2019
Last Updated on February 8, 2019
Tags: kahli williams, actress, australia, hollywood, neighbours

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing