Clara Levy The French Industry Insider Taking On US Entertainment

Clara Levy The French Industry Insider Taking On US Entertainment

A Story by starpower
"

The incredibly gifted, Clara Levy

"


 


French-born television and film executive, Clara Levy has shepherded award-winning projects and spearheaded the American team of Blackpills, the revolutionary digital studio which decided to specialize in short-fort, mobile-driven production long before everyone else joined the race. When not in Los Angeles, California, Clara spends her time travelling the world to find the cast and crew of her next award-winning production. 

 

Clara’s extensive experience includes her role in marketing for CANAL +, the largest television network in France, and earning two Masters Degrees in International Affairs and Communications at two of the most prestigious colleges in Europe: SciencesPo Paris and Ecole Normal Supérieure (Ulm). 

 

Fluent in three languages, Clara has developed projects in Europe and the United States with local and foreign directors. The projects Clara has produced and green-lit have been celebrated at the Tribeca Film Festival, Haifa Film Festival, Deauville American Film Festival, Busan Film Festival, and the Venice Film Festival: some of the most famous festivals in around the globe for up-and-coming talents as well as highly-grossing blockbusters. 

 

During her tenure as the Head of the U.S. development team of Blackpills, Clara was recognized for successfully bringing critically-acclaimed and renowned films to the big and small screens. The anthology series, ’Do Not Disturb’, by Michael Haussman and Larry Volpi is set for release at the CanneSeries Festival in April 2019. ‘Bonding’, by Rightor Doyle, is a co-production with Anonymous Content and was acquired by Netflix to be released in April 2019. The series won the Audience Award at Outfest 2018 and was in competition at CanneSeries 2018. On top of all of her success, Clara is also recognized for her development of ‘Pillow Talk’, starring Patrick J. Adams (’Suits’, USA Network) and the Zoe Cassavetes series, ‘Junior’.

 

The ten-part coming-of-age story, ‘Junior’, centers on Logan, a 16-year-old New Yorker turned Los Angeles resident trying to find her voice as a filmmaker and her place in a new high school. Logan must face challenges such as her newly single mom and her mom's boyfriend a troublesome but charming producer. Her friend at school with her muse, Jess, adds a further layer of complexity and personality to the production, as Logan tries and fails to embody the strong female figure she wishes to be. The story, green list by Clara, is a brilliant take on youth and a complicated family life.

 

Among the other highlights of her career, Clara points to her production of the film Dead Women Walkingfor which she chose the award-winning Israeli director Hagar Ben-Asher. The film marks Ben-Asher’s first English-language feature. The critically-acclaimed indie film stars Ashton Sanders (‘Moonlight’, Academy Award Winner for the Best Feature Film in 2017) and Dale Dickey (‘Winter’s Bone) among an almost all-female cast. Dead Women Walking debuted at Tribeca Film Festival and was featured at the Venice Film Festival and Busan International Film Festival.

 

As a creative executive at Blackpills, Clara also curated and managed a writers’ room dedicated to short-form series in Tel Aviv, Israel. She developed and oversaw the production of more than a dozen short-form series from pitch to delivery, including ‘Bar Mitzvah’ by Eytan Fox, and 2017’s ’Game of Death’, that premiered at the SXSW Festival in 2017.

 

Clara Levy has established herself as a leading industry insider with strategic partnerships with all major US agencies, management companies, and independent production companies. She signed now famous writers, directors, and digital-native talents as well as exciting IPs for development. Clara and blackpills recently released the project, ‘Resist’, co-created by Patrisse Cullors, the co-founder of ‘Black Lives Matter’, which premiered at SeriesFest last year. 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on May 15, 2019
Last Updated on May 15, 2019
Tags: clara levy

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing