Gifted and Talented Actress From Mumbai, India Raveena Kapse

Gifted and Talented Actress From Mumbai, India Raveena Kapse

A Story by starpower
"

Taking her talents across the world Raveena Kapse

"
 

 

The first thing we discovered about Raveena Kapse, the Indian actress, was how respectful she is to her family. We were reading an interview she recently did and she called her mother and father “loving parents.” She also gave credit to her “supporting sister” who “always encouraged” her. Then Raveena said that she thanks her every day for that encouragement. Raveena is not only a gifted and very talented thespian but she reminded us that no one gets to the top alone. That is, there are wonderful people who are always there to help one on one’s journey forward. She also reminded us of what many people have forgotten along the way: common courtesy, gratefulness and the virtue of giving credit where credit is due.

 

Raveena was born and raised in Mumbai, India and although she studied engineering out of respect for her parents’ wishes, she says she never denied herself any opportunity where performing arts were concerned. By the way, she earned a Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering from Pune University and in New York she went on to receive her Master’s Degree in Business Administration (M.B.A). However, she was (and is) passionate about acting and performing since she was a girl and also joined the drama club in high school and university. She moved to New York to become a Business Analyst and she did that for a while but she found that her life was just not very fulfilling with that career. So, Raveena quit her job and came to California and enrolled in the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center in Santa Monica, which specializes in the Meisner Technique.

 

Since moving to L.A. she has been steadily acting in plays, short films and commercials, and she says that these past few years have been the best years of her life so far. Some of her short films are: Infinite Possibilities and Ava, among others. A couple of music videos she has been featured in" to name but a few are: Can’t Stand Me and Just My Type. She has been in too many plays to mention them all here so we’ll just toss out a few titles: All New People written by Zach Braff and directed by Natalia Lazarus; A Night of passion directed by Natalie Lazarus, and Two Sisters written and directed by Brian Connors. Most recently, Raveena's short film 'Infinite Possibilities' directed by Tom Water, in which she played one of the lead roles, won a Best Directorial Debut award at the LA Cinefest Film Festival -and was nominated for two other festivals. Raveena was also nominated for a couple of best supporting role awards in some local indian film festivals back in Mumbai, India. This busy actress is not slowing down anytime soon, as she has a very busy year ahead of her and many projects on the horizon. 


© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on September 8, 2019
Last Updated on September 11, 2019
Tags: Raveena Kapse

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing