Producer Profile: Anne Pruvost

Producer Profile: Anne Pruvost

A Story by starpower
"

An Eye For Detail And Perfecting Life On Screen -Anne Pruvost

"



It’s an interesting and quite unconventional interview the one we just had with Hollywood producer Anne Pruvost.“Trust your feelings and instincts. If they are pure, then the sky is no longer the limit,” she told us. Surely, these words could sound hollow if they came from yet another film theorist who perseveres in believing that Hollywood is still the land where dreams come true. It’s a whole different case when these words come from a person who didn’t have any birthright to belong to the Dream Factory of LA and simply made it there by sheer will.

 

“I am just a French woman, who worked hard to get where I am today” confesses Anne. She was born in Europe, where the golden world of Hollywood, with its stars and red carpet and ridiculously high budget productions are nothing but a distant dream. Funny to think that same French girl is now a famous film and television producer, working in Los Angeles with A-lister stars such as Kate Mara and Sharon Stone.

 

“How did it all start?” we asked Anne. Her answer is simple. “I just do whatever is needed to bring a project to life.” She told us that when she realized her desire to become part of the entertainment business, it was more than a vague ambition, she figured out she had no time to waste. Her career excelled surprisingly fast. Before she even turned 25, she was already Publicis Group’s official production manager. Then, in 2006, she acquired her own independent production company to obtain a higher form of independence and decision-making power. Now an accomplished producer, Anne became unstoppable and begun securing prestigious international clients. L’Oréal was the first but definitely not the last. Over the years, Lancome, Nissan, Dior, Armani and even Sony followed. Famous for her ability to master budget restrictions and production schedules with micromanaging perfection, Anne rapidly became France’s first choice for countless international brands in search of production marketing and film production.

 

But Anne’s love for narrative content did not stop with her commercial success. While also handling all these demanding companies’ commercial marketing campaigns, she held the rein of multiple shows with the other. Officially selected by Canal Plus (France’s most important network), Anne was put in charge of popular television shows such as the Le Cercle, 93 Saint Honore, Paris Derniere, Concert Sauvage and Ladies Night, which lead her to work for France Television and Paris Premiere as well. Now, these were certainly the prominent network shows in the country, but they were also trying to rejuvenate their image, rebrand themselves in order to cater to a younger audience and resolve the budgetary problem that such efforts would require. Which is why, when Anne was able to spearhead their production almost effortlessly, they offered her several times to become their stable showrunner.

 

But Anne’s ambition remained and looking for new film projects, she made a leap of faith and relocated across the ocean to Los Angeles, where she now works with her company Open House Films, handling everything from television productions to feature film projects with major studios, to promotional video content for the fashion industry.

 

As she tells us this chronology of events, Anne is neither humble nor pretentious. She states the steps that took her where she is today with absolute clarity. It becomes evident that we are talking to a woman who is grateful for her undeniable success, but is also fully aware of the cost of this long-lasting adventure. In short, her words reflect the practical sense that made Anne so famous and her talent in demand. “I knew I had intuitions. Time and experience simply proved to me that those intuitions were good ones. So I kept following them. Whatever it took me.”

 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on September 24, 2019
Last Updated on September 24, 2019
Tags: anne pruvost, producer, hollywood

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing