"Reeti Narayan talks about her time on Mayans M. C" And The Creative Process Of Her Job

"Reeti Narayan talks about her time on Mayans M. C" And The Creative Process Of Her Job

A Story by starpower
"

Behind the creative and hard work of Reeti Narayan

"



People who have a plan for their lives or even for the next week or two are usually the ones who have clear minds, are very organized and who are very successful. Reeti Narayan is one of those enviable people because she had a plan along with all the positive attributes mentioned above. She graduated from the prestigious Chapman University in Southern California and then went out and got a job in the industry that was a big part of her plan: the entertainment industry. Being from India, Reeti had to struggle with immigration deadlines when looking for employment. After overcoming many obstacles, she finally was hired in the art department (another part of her plan) on the network show Mayans M.C. 

 

Her goal when she arrived in California was to spend two years in grad school and then work in her chosen field of being a Production Designer for movies, television, commercials, etc. Of course, a monkey wrench was thrown into her well crafted plans in the form of Covid-19 and that threw her off only slightly and very temporarily. Organized people who make plans usually make Plan “B” “C” and “D” just in case something unexpected comes down from who knows where. Even though the Coronavirus stymied some of her overall plans, she came out of it with a positive attitude saying that it was a bit frustrating and that life can really surprise you.

 

Working on Mayans M.C. has been a truly happy experience for Reeti. She loves and respects the crew and the art department members and is ‘learning by doing’ along with listening and watching the designers who are much more experienced. The talents and skills she brought to the table are from her studies in architecture in India and from earning an MFA in Production at Chapman University, a real film school, by the way, with a sound stage and more. Before being hired on as an art department assistant at Mayans M.C. Reeti production designed a few short films, TV pilots, and music videos and then began reaching out to as many people as she could to get her first job on a network show.

 

Although Reeti loved working on several indie music videos as Production Designer, including two for the artist called Paradox Revolution, she has found that working on Mayans to be the best thing that has happened to her so far. She almost lost hope of getting hired anywhere because everything was slow due to the pandemic. However, Plan “B” or “C” kicked in and she threw herself into applying for work every where she could think of. She finally got a call from Mayans and she has been there for about 6 months now.

© 2021 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 19, 2021
Last Updated on March 19, 2021
Tags: reeti narayan, production designer, hollywood, tv, film, movies

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing