Behind The Inspiring Work Of Musician Harry Thynne

Behind The Inspiring Work Of Musician Harry Thynne

A Story by starpower
"

Australian musician Harry Thynne releases new music and an exciting new platform for artists!

"



It’s always interesting to write about artists, no matter what their art is. Harry Thynne, the Australian musician and drummer, embodies all there is about artists that makes them standout as unique human beings and interesting people and different is interesting! Harry Thynne is not only interesting and unique and of course, different from the average person, but he is a seriously good drummer who started beating the skins when he was only six years old. His mother, who is a pianist and composer, developed an understanding and an appreciation of music in all of her kids. She also insisted that each one learn to play a musical instrument.


He played in bands in school and when he graduated, Harry threw himself into live music in Sydney. After several years of performing, Harry joined the band Wim Wim and would go on to be “discovered” by Alexandra Jackson who suggested they come to Los Angeles to record with her stepdad, who just happened to be legendary producer and mixing engineer Bob Clearmountain. Clearmountain worked on albums for The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Paul McCartney and many others. After recording with Clearmountain, Wim signed with Modular Records (Universal) and in 2011 the band relocated to the US. Wim had a string of successful tours and sold out shows and were in the process of recording their sophomore album, when as so often happens to musicians and bands, their record company bellied up and their management changed and everything collapsed.


Harry, however, is an artist and a survivor, who pushed on to perform with his next project, a much faster and louder band called Drop Tank. Drop Tank toured successfully throughout the US for about two years before changes in lineup and direction saw the project go into semi-permanent hiatus. Hard years followed with disillusionment taking hold. However, Harry continued to perform and create music with a host of artists and producers and gradually things got better. Harry began touring and working with other artists including Pete Wilde and most notably Andy Clockwise. In 2020 when the pandemic hit, Harry was on tour with Andy Clockwise in the Southern parts of America. Two weeks into a four month string of dates the band were performing in Memphis, when the grim news came, that the tour was cancelled. 


Like tens of thousands of other musicians’ tours and live gigs around the world he had to take a hiatus. The Covid years brought much of the music industry to its knees and such a huge world event changed the very fabric of life and one’s ability to thrive. It also brought into focus the intention behind what motivates and drives us. Like many artists Harry felt that material rewards aren’t very important to him in the end. He feels that real success lies in one’s ability to reach people where they are and affect them in a positive way. His greatest thrill and reward is when he meets people who have been affected by his work.


Currently, Harry is working on a release with Andy Clockwise and his new album “War Stories” is just about ready to drop. He is also working on a platform to promote and produce collaborative work between Australian and American artists. Harry continues to collaborate and work with a plethora of artists and producers and is planning a new release of solo material in the very near future. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for him next!


© 2022 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on April 15, 2022
Last Updated on April 15, 2022
Tags: harry thynne, andy clockwise, music, australian, drunner, musician

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing