Cinematographer Hao Yu Shares His Artistic Vision for Making a Successful Production

Cinematographer Hao Yu Shares His Artistic Vision for Making a Successful Production

A Story by starpower
"

Hao Yu continues bringing incredible projects to life, through his work!

"



Roger Deakins, Vittorio Storaro, Gordon Willis, Gregg Toland and Vilmos Zsigmond are just a few of the world-famous cinematographers that have shot their way to the top of the herd, so to speak, by utilizing knowledge of their craft and by allowing their artistic visions of the world to be harnessed on demand. Hao Yu, the ever-busy and in-demand cinematographer, understands these things and has harnessed his own artistic vision many times while filming short films, promotional projects, commercials and music videos. He intuitively knows how to make people and things look their best on film.


Hao Yu also understands that motion, added to his artistic vision and his knowledge of his craft, is what makes a motion picture shot interesting. Either the people are moving in the frame, or the camera is moving. Either way, Hao Yu makes every shot count, and he makes every shot interesting and beautiful. His cinematography on the documentary Asian Inspirations, was, excuse me for saying this: inspirational. The camera was always in the perfect place, and it played the part of a silent observer and never drew attention to itself, which makes for great photography, still or motion.




Hao Yu shot the music video for the band KQ Fellaz 2 MV and the video is called GEEK. It has several hundred thousand views already on YouTube. He was also the cinematographer on the short film Fair Games which was a multi-award winner: It won the GOLD REMI Award at the Worldfest Houston International Film Festival, and the BEST SHORT and AUDIENCE FAVORITE awards at the Nacogdoches Film Festival.


Other films he has shot have been highly praised and given very warm receptions from critics.  LA FADEAWAY, is about a young female musician in 1977 Los Angeles who must prove that talent speaks louder than noise when she finds herself in an industry full of sellouts. LA FADEAWAY did very well at the Live Action Shorts Film Festival as an official selection. The Zsigmond Vilmos Film Fesztival in Hungary and the Independent Film Festival Boston both made LA FADEAWAY their official selection, which is a huge acknowledgement of the high quality of the film and cinematography. The Ojai Film Festival also made LA FADEAWAY an official festival selection. Hao Yu is currently the camera operator for the Apple Music Zane Lowe interview series, and he recently finished shooting the Emmy nominated show Robot Chicken Season11.

© 2022 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on October 29, 2022
Last Updated on October 29, 2022
Tags: hao yu, filmmaker. cinematographer, film. movies, TV, Hollywood

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing