Yael Benamour's music to be featured in the Christmas horror film "The Mean One"

Yael Benamour's music to be featured in the Christmas horror film "The Mean One"

A Story by starpower
"

Composer, songwriter and musician Yael Benamour continues her success around the world with her incredible music!

"




A few years ago, there was a survey on what the most satisfying jobs were. In the top five was music composer and orchestra conductor. Yael Benamour, the French music composer, singer songwriter, arranger and music producer would probably whole heartedly agree with that survey because she loves what she does. As we can see by her multi-faceted skills and talents, her entire life is devoted to music, and especially composing music for films, which she is passionate about. She studied piano, composition and orchestration at the BMS School of Music in Paris, but her actual love of music really began when she was five years old and learned the piano. She composed her first original piece of music when she was 12 and she never looked back. She knew early on that music was going to be her life, her career and her way of looking at the world around her forever. Those of us who aren’t thoroughly devoted to music like Yael is, can’t understand what drives her or where she gets her incredible inspiration for film scores. Listening to her music, however, gives us a hint of what’s going through her mind.

 

Her music is based on feelings and sharing. Her deep understanding of people’s feelings and her intuitive sense of what type of music will enhance each movie scene tells us that she is a master at what she does. Her music in the soon to be released Christmas horror film The Mean One captures the tone, the emotions, fear, suspense and horror that director Steven La Morte was looking for in the film. Her excellent score enhances the film’s emotional impact and enables the audience to appreciate the story and acting skills of Terror 2 actor David Howard Thornton even more than they would without added music. Drew Barrymore discussed the film on her TV show and she and her guest were very lively about it and said that they couldn’t wait to see it.


Yael scored three movies this year, including The Mean One. Her original pieces for Comin in Hot, directed by Adriana Vecchioli, was a mix of 1960s through the 80s style of music. Much of it was based on guitar music that Yael played herself. Iola Nguyen directed The Dormant Truth, where Yael’s music was mainly electronic. Yael’s success is of course based on her immense creativity and talent, but she is also known for being able to deliver scores on time and within budget, which is extremely important to producers and directors who are always watching the time and money spent on the films they work on.


© 2022 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on December 11, 2022
Last Updated on December 11, 2022
Tags: yael benamour, singer, composer, songwriter, the mean one, drew barrymore show

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing