Had a thought:

Had a thought:

A Story by Jennifer
"

I was bored one day and my mind ran wild. This is what I thought up.

"
That proverb thing? - Does a falling tree make a sound if no one's around to hear it?
My thought: "Do things exist in the dark until you touch them?"
Foolish? Yes.
Imagine - In pitch black, nothing but yourself exists. The floor beneath your feet fabricates, as if by magic, each time you put your foot down. If you bump into a wall that's because the space is programmed to conjure up some matter in that exact place. Or perhaps, it's just a physical illusion that your body is feeling because the area is 'telling' your mind that that is what should happen. 
Then I thought "what if the floor failed to materialize under your feet?"
Perhaps you'd fall into nothingness, forever plummeting to your inevitable, stretched-out death. But, then again, time would be non-existent in this infinite free-fall, so would you actually die? Maybe your insides would 'freeze' but you'd still be perfectly capable of life. Falling in pitch-black nothingness for all eternity. No matter how often the universe expands and collapses, you will still be falling. You could gnaw through your wrists and bleed to death but, if there is an after-life, your 'soul' wouldn't be able to get there through the nothing. As soon as your body dies, your soul will continue to fall and then there will be nothing you can do about it. After a while the 'mind' part of your 'soul' would vegetate. You'd, eventually, turn into a part of the nothingness and not feel nor think a thing. You'd be vaguely aware of a sense of death, but because you hadn't 'passed on', you'd never be truly dead.
Perhaps the nothingness is fabricated (if nothing can be made) from the minds/'souls' of those who lost their footing in the dark.

© 2013 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013
Tags: Tree, footing, lost, thinking, gravity, floating, nothing, bored, boredom

Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Windsor, Ontario, Canada



About
Disillusioned. Female. Not a teenager anymore. Will run for the bus if she needs to. Member of SUPER Mensa. more..

Writing
Phantom Phantom

A Poem by Jennifer