The Distance

The Distance

A Story by The Doctor
"

This is just a thought that ran through my mind, just something for all to think about.

"

We sit and criticize everyone we meet, whether it's mentally or verbally. The quiet and nice ones are the ones targeted the most, why? Because we believe they will be the ones to crack and kill a load of people. And I'm here to tell you that you are wrong.
 I met a man like any other, worked hard to put food on the table and money in the bank. He worked as a mechanic, fixed all types of cars and turned no one away. The silent and kind type; held the door open or gave the extra dollar or two when he didn't have it.
 One day I asked him why he does those things, web when he gets a rude remark. And he told me that "it's he human thing to do, that everyone deserves kindness even when they are the most vial person in the world. It's not up to use to decide whose deserves what, everyone is the same, no matter the circumstance."
 Ben had a point, I mean what gives us the right to judge or punish or whatever? But little did I know that an end would be coming soon...
 He was on his way home and figured he would surprise Sally with a bottle of good wine, he had the whole night planned... But he never made it home; someone came in to rob the store, Ben slot stepped forward calmly and asked the man to just put the gun down, well Ben was shot in the torso several times. He took the money and ran off.
 Now this may not seem amazing to any of you, but think about the man who wanted nothing more than to have a glass of wine with his wife during dinner. He wanted nothing from life than life itself.
 What more can I tell you? Oh wait, I know...think about what you do... I know my friends and fellow writers who see this will know I don't mean them. I'm talking to the ones who are arrogant and selfish, think about how you would act/ because I guarantee you will fold.

© 2010 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"we believe they will be the ones to crack and kill a load of people"

liesssss lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 8, 2010

Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor