Chapter Five- The Stalk and The Deed

Chapter Five- The Stalk and The Deed

A Chapter by The Doctor

17 September 2010

I sit in the '96 Jeep Cherokee Sport that I jacked from the impound lot. Watching the building of windows in which my target entered. The parking lot across the street proved to be a good spot to watch the hotel. Plenty of overnight cars to hide among and easy exit to catch him.

The syringe sits in my inner coat pocket, 22 cc's of a sedative, one I snagged from the hospital. One of the reasons why I like being the boss.

I've been here for about two hours, doing word searches one and off. Edward keeping me content in aiding me in the word search. On and off we'd have a conversation and fall into silence. But after hours of trying, there he came out of the front door.

"About f*****g time," Edward says.

I start up the Jeep. He stumbles along the side walk, using the building for support.

"He's making it too easy," Edward chimes in again, almost in disbelief.

Once we were out of the street lights i park the car out of view and get out, syringe ready. I sprint into an alley ahead of him and stand against the corner. And here he comes, moaning and scuffing. He walks past me and i reach forward, push the needle into his neck and catch him as he drops. I put the cap in the syringe and look around before dragging him to the Jeep. I open the trunk and toss him in.

The Warehouse

"Wake up."

 I slap him across the face. His eyes roll for a minute before locking onto me.

"What the f**k is this?"

"This Mr. McCarthian is the beginning of your death."

I smile behind my mask.

McCarthian is suspended by a chain in the middle of the room. Tied to the chain by rope, picked up enough so his feet dangle over the concrete floor and high enough for me to reach him.

"Screw off."

"That's not nice you know. Bad language upsets me when  it comes from those not in position to!"

He looks at me with the same coldness, one that angers me further. Feeling he stole that punishing gaze, a gaze that should only be given to those who have done wrong, not by people like him.

I pull out his silenced pistol, checking to see the clip is full and there is one resting in the chamber.

"Now I'm going to make this as painful as possible," I raise the pistol and aim it at his knee and pull the trigger.

McCarthian screamed out. I step forward and forced the barrel in to his wound, twisting and turning it inside. His scream rose louder as the barrel exited the back of his knee. 
"I like it here because no one will hear you. They will find you, for now I'm going to enjoy our time together."
I pull the gun out and drive another bullet into his other knee, followed by his shoulders. Every now and then I'd hit the wound to increase the pain. Once i had enough i said my good bye.
"McCarthian, i want you to know i had fun, and i hope you suffered as much as your other victims. But I'm afraid the light is calling you."
"NO! NOOOO!"
I pulled the trigger,sending a bullet into his heart. I set the gun on the table and take my gloves off, putting them into my coat pocket. Once I wiped away my existence, I went into the Jeep, returned it and walked home. When I get in the door I put my bag in my room, take my coat, shoes and shirt off and flopping onto the bed and falling asleep. 
 The Next Morning 
 I open my eyes, my head throbbing with Edward's enjoyment. 
"Enjoy yourself last night?"
"Yes very much. I've never seen you get that pissed."
"Well he had no right. Plus I was thinking about the possibilities of the mob coming for me. Not a big deal seeing how nothing was left behind but I just can't get that gut feeling to go."
"Neither can I. I just suggest we be careful from here on out."





© 2011 The Doctor


Author's Note

The Doctor
sorry it's short...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good chapter. Could have been longer, but it's good as is.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor