Chapter Six- Doubled Edge Sword

Chapter Six- Doubled Edge Sword

A Chapter by The Doctor

17 September 2010
"Come on! Kick! Harder!"
My trainer yells, holding his padded hands high. I send combinations of punches and kicks, causing him to stumble every so often.
"MY grandmother hits harder than you and she has Parkinson's!"
"Knock him out. You can do it."
"Stop it Edward, he's enough temptation, don't need you."
I round house his hand, sending him sprawling to his left side. I stand waiting for him to come back to his stance.
"How about we box? I'm not in the mood for this small s**t today."
"Sure," Westcott says slightly dazed.
I get down out of the ring and put on my gloves and slide in my mouth piece. We re-enter the ring, another man plays referee to make sure we don't get out of hand.
"Dot it now?"
"Yes. Now i will."
We start at the ring of the bell. Slowly we advance on each other, hands moving in a circular motion. I strike out first and land my fist against his face, putting him flat on his a*s and out cold.
"YES! You made my day Jack. Thank you, thank you, thank you."
"Okay, relax."
I bring him out of the ring and set him down on one of the benches and wait for him to come around.
"Now what was that about your grandma?"
Westcott gave me another dazed look before laying back down. I hit the shower, changed into my black suit and suede shoes. I pay the women in the from with a tip for my trainer. 
"Watch yourself."
"I know, I see them."
Edward and I immediately noticed a parked Cadillac Sedan. Two men in tailored suits looked through sunglasses in our direction. The driver pulled out a cell phone and made a call. I moved on, keeping them in the corner of my eye as I moved on. As I make my way to the hospital i find that two cars now tail me, same make of the one that was at the gym, so i decide to see what come so of this. I go home in stead. 
I get inside and there sit the men on the street below. One gets out, fixing his coat to hide his 9-mm. I open my fridge and pull out the jug of milk and pour a glass, a knock at the door followed. I open the door and see the Italian man, shining in his suit, about my height, firm and emotionless.
"You should watch who you get involved with."
"Oh?' I sip my milk.
"That warehouse had cameras, we caught you. Now consider this a warning Mr. Style, or you could be sleeping with the fish."
I roared with laughter, I was laughing so hard i had to set my glass on the counter.
"And i thought that was a Hollywood cliche!" I said, continuing my hysterical laugh.
The man grabbed my throat, swung me around and pinned me to the wall. Bu ti still continued to laugh.
"I can make your lif-"
Now he showed a little fear as he looked down the barrel of his 9-mm through his sunglasses.
"You think you scare me? You seen what I did to McCarthain. I wont hesitate to do worse."
He set me down and stepped away.
"Now I'm sure you're a large organization and I must say, i worry. But don't under estimate me if I say that i will come after you all and free the hands of all the law enforcement agencies. Now i expect to be left alone, so deliver that to your boss and change yourself."
I throw his gun at him and slam the door in his face, his foot steps hurry down the stairs, almost stumbling. Me and Edward laugh.
"Think we scared him off?"
"Him at least, but I think we just hit the hornet's nest."
Later That Evening

I sit in the chair, awaiting John to arrive. We agreed to meet at a local chinese food place- very nice restaurant. He said he had a break through, this caused Edward and I to think the whole entire thing through. What we did and didn't do, where we possibly messed up, what did we miss- besides the f*****g camera.
I look up as I sip my Chinese wine. His tie is undone along with three buttons. His face holds a five o'clock shadow with heavy bags. A man that shows he has been up way too long.
"I had a break through!" He says, pulling out the chair and taking his seat.
"So you told me."
"I sat up all night to make a presentation on what i found so far, and my boss has reason to believe that Copy Kat is a true threat."
F**k.
"Okay, so what's going on then?"
"Well my team and I have been given the permission to continue to study and collect evidence for all these crimes, or use what we have. A murder last night was reported. It was McCarthian. He was strung up in a warehouse and shot in his joints, a final shot was sent to his head. Pistol used in several murders, which we believed to be him, was found on a table. Rounds empty and the suppresser was covered in blood. Corner believes that it was shoved through his knee after a shot was put into it."
"Ouch."
"Yeah. Copy Kat had it out for this guy. I mean anger is prominent in the killing."
"How so?"
"Well to have each joint shot before a head shot, and to have the suppresser shoved into his knee after a close range shot is pretty violent."

"Yeah I guess so, but why show anger in only this killing. We didn't see it with any others."
"We weren't at the murders either. He may show anger to get them to talk maybe..."
"What about?"
"Well he could make them tell why they kill, make them see the monster they are. Serial killers kill for the hunger, but I think Copy Kat has a purpose behind his killings."
And the sword is drawn, presenting its double edge....


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The sword is drawn*
Excellent. Jack getting the gun without the italian noticing is pretty badass. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor