Chapter Seven- Step One, Scare Off the Don

Chapter Seven- Step One, Scare Off the Don

A Chapter by The Doctor

18 September 2010

"We need to get your brother off of us."

"Yes I am aware. He's easy, my biggest target though is the mob. They may start to follow John around."

I step out of the shower and dry my hair. I get dressed into my suit with vest and get ready to leave the house. And sure enough on my way to work, there was a Cadillac following me. This made me smile, knowing that I make someone worry. That they feel it necessary to waste time to send people after me. It's more of a intimidation stunt than keep an eye out.

So I continue on with my work. Noticing that some have come inside to watch me and keep tabs on me. Makes me smile even more. Almost laugh. Edward is less pleased.

"They could drag us out of here any minute. You know that."

"We both know they wont. they don't want a scene in public and have the police called."

Half the time I think Edward plays the Devil's Advocate, making sure I'm paying attention and know what's about me. I mean he barely sounds convinced of the hysteria half the time.

"F**k you."

I smile and continue down the hall way. For the next several hours I attend to patience and make updates on doctors and equipment. My clipboard gains more numbers and checks for inventory. Around nine I go to the cafeteria and get some salad and make a tuna fish sandwich. My drink of choice being a Mountain Dew for energy to finish up. Once I pay I return to my office and fill out supply order slips and evaluations forms for about thirty doctors and nurses.

Midnight rolls around and i go to my couch, lay on my back and fall into sleep's comforting arms.

19 September 2010

"Jack, get up. Let's go up." Edward demanded.

"What?" I groan and get up, rubbing my eyes i get up and stretch.

"We're still at the hospital. Time to get up."

I groan and stretch some more as i stand up. my tie and dress shirt are taken off and set on the arm of the couch, shoes come off and are set next to the coffee table. I walk over to the book self and slide my feet under to do my crunches. The rest of my work out routine follows. I use one of the free showers in a patient room. I dress into a new black, three piece and comb my hair.

"You have to do something about John."

"And we will. First I have to send out this paper work and then I can go. My biggest problem right now is the mob. For all I know is that they could be following the both of us. All i need is John  to get caught up in this."

"Well get to it. You don't have all of eternity."

I put my wallet in my pocket and leave the room with my dirty clothes in a suit bag. I drop it off in my office, hanging it on the back of the door. As I exit I check my cell for texts or calls and find none, my nurse greets me in the hall, I hand her the papers and tell her where what needs to call, then I have her direct all calls to my cell and that I would be out again. She nodded and allowed me to continue on my way.
Outside in the parking garage sat my mob friends, all shiny and waiting for the kill order. Eyes following my behind their dark sunglasses, just waiting. I smile as I continue forward to my BMW. I get in and start up my car, tossing my cell on the passenger seat I shift the car into reverse and then first gear. I leave that garage with my friends close behind. I wonder if they know I'm watching them...

After a while of driving my cell vibrates on the seat. I pull up to the light and drop to first gear, once stopped i pick up and answer my cell.

"Hello."

"Hey Jack, it's John. I was wondering, you have anyone following you?"

I look in the rear view mirror, "No why?"

"The mob has been following me since McCarthian was killed. They even stay staked out at my house."

My eyes still stare at the men behind me, "I'm not sure what to tell you John. Just watch yourself."

"I plan to. You do the same."

"I will."

I pull off into an alley way, slide my phone into my suit coat pocket. I stop and park and wait for the Cadillac to pull in behind me. They stop and stare a minute before getting out.

"What part of leave me alone did you not get?"

They stood in front of the car, not saying a word. I place my hands into my pants pocket and walk forward, I stand in front of the driver, my face a few inches from him.

"First of all you're kinda short, it irritates me that i have to look down to speak to you. Second, why don't you take me to your boss. I'd like to settle this as soon as i can."

They still said nothing. I take a deep breath and speak again.

"I'd rather not beat you in public so you can bring me or i can turn you into the FBI, your choice."

They exchanged glaces in the sun for a moment, then the passenger opened the back door and had me get in. I sit in the back and pull my cell out starting to play Tetris as I squint in the sun light spilling into the closed window. The car comes to a stop outside a large office building, the minions open my door and escort me inside. We take the elevator up to the top floor where the big guy is waiting.

"Jack, watch us. I like being alive."

"They both have guns, wont take much to get rid of them and keep the boss as hostage if anything goes bad."

The double doors open past the secretary's desk and reveal a mahogany desk holding papers and varies supplies. And behind it sits the big man himself, the don.

"Hello, looking feed."

One of the minions clocks me behind my head.

"You weren't spoken to."

Do it again and you wont be.

I stand up and notice a cliche set up of scotch in glass containers with a handful of glasses resting on the same tray. Cracking my neck I walk over and pour myself a glass, I turn around and take a seat in front of the desk. They all stare at me with a look between disbelief and disgust.
"Now I'm going to tell you how things are going to work. You're going to stop all of this. You're going to leave me and my brother, the FBI agent, alone. Or as i told your little b***h, I'm going to come back and kill all of you myself."
I take a sip of scotch.
"Now you listen here you little s**t, this is my house-"
I shake my head as I swallow my mouthful, pointing at him,"No, this is your work place. I could fine your home if you really want such torment."
"Shut up! I'm sick of you! You kill my main hit man and then you come here and harass me like you're untouchable."
"But I am. You have no idea how many people I've killed and in how many ways. All you f*****g grease balls would be easy."
"You son of a b***h!"
He stands up and pulls a gun, aiming at my head.
"First of all my mother was a good women, don't you put her down. And second, i don't fear you. Go ahead, put a bullet in my head. You'd only have the entire FBI come down on top of you. So I suggest," I say standing with my glass,"you think before you act."
I take the pause to throw the glass in his face, I duck and a shot goes of killing one of his men as he recoils backwards. I grab the fallen gun off the desk and shoot the other guard before he gets his gun out. I go behind the desk and kick the don in the chest, sending him back down, i put my knee into his chest and the barrel to his head.
"One more chance. It's all you get before i come here full force. Got it?"
He shook his head quickly. I nod, throw the gun across the room and walk out and go to the Cadillac , using it to return to my own car. One down, one more to go.


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

""Now I'm going to tell you how things are going to work. You're going to stop all of this. You're going to leave me and my brother, the FBI agent, alone. Or as i told you're little b***h, I'm going to come back and kill all of you myself."


I take a sip of scotch.


"Now you listen here you little s**t, this is my house-"


I shake my head as I swallow my mouthful, pointing at him,"No, this is your work place. I could fine your home if you really want such torment."

My favorite part. Made me laugh. But a few grammar problems -
No way? to no, Why?
You're b***h to your b***h

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor