Chapter Twelve- Impressions

Chapter Twelve- Impressions

A Chapter by The Doctor

21 September 2010
Another day at the office. Nothing special in my daily routine of helping patients and staff. Except for my mail. In it was a letter addressed to me in random letters cut from magazines. Is someone f*****g with me? If this a student of some kind I'm going to flip s**t.
"Yes, but you know it doesn't feel right to be a student. This could be you're Hanging Doe." Edward butts in. When a male or female cannot be identified authorities label them as John or Jane Does, hence Edward's chosen name.
"But why torment me? Go f**k with the police."
I sit in my chair and open to find a letter constructed in the same fashion. Each letter seeming to be cut with a blade against a ruler. Maybe an exacto knife or razor blade. I adjust the paper and read on:
Jack,
I really love your work. Tormenting your victims before killing them. Brings meaning to what you do to try and live a pure life. Your hospital is a big symbol for that, which is why I've chosen for my hanged prey to be near. It's a reminder to the contradicting life you live- killing by night and saving by day. I actually find it cute that you try so hard. That you want to live a "clean life" in your position. 
Study my work and see what you'll find.
-Yours Truly,
High Strung 
"Seems we have an admirer," Edward chuckles.
I reread it a few times.
"It's a women. She went into detail about my emotions."
"How did you determine that Sherlock?"
"Well she talks mainly about me hiding who I am through the hospital. This some what based on ethics of who I am. And I really doubt a male would call my attempts to be normal cute, would you?"
Edward laughs a moment.
Who is this? First is how they hell do they know my work and who I am. I always check my scene before I start. I pick remote locations, out of sight and out of mind. If i shoot it's silenced... They must arrive after i set up... But how would they know my targets in the first place... Is there a mole in John's department... Perhaps giving me my targets... Again, how do they know me... John doesn't have the personality for this... Determined this is a female... Seems that I need to lay low... Question is for how long...  And would their victims increase in my absence...
"Guess we will see wont we?"
"Guess so Edward."
Later That Night

I look at the ten photos I snagged from John on "High Strung," as they so called themselves. Each one is by a hospital... Nylon rope is used to suspend the victims from fire-escapes on nearby buildings. Maybe they're set up as traps? No, prey would see them... What if she waited for them to pass through... Lowered the rope and pulled at the right time... Possible...
Amber walks in with only my dress shirt on, smiling as she advances onto me. I put in the key board short cut to put the Mac to sleep.
"What you doing?" she asks, settling into my lap.
"Just looking over some stuff to help my brother."
"Oh. What does he do?"
"FBI Special Agent."
She nods her head. Her head rests on my shoulder at the base of my neck.
"She's peaking at the photos," Edward speaks from across the room. Staring her down.
"Come back to bed. I'm not finished with you just yet." She smiles seductively.
"Misdirection," Edward chimes. "I'm telling you, she's the killer Jack. She's 'High Strung'."
"I highly doubt it."
"Ah, you're thinking with your other head! Look at her, positioned just right to view the photos and she's screwing you to mislead you."
He has a valid point.
"I'll keep and eye on it. I want to see for myself what happens. Maybe if i don't have any projects for a little while she may react."
22 September 2010
Sitting behind my desk I read the headlines, HANGING MURDERS CONTINUE. Again another body is found by another hospital.... My hospital... Cops have been in and out all day. Roaming about the place, snapping photos and cramming up the flow of my ambulances. Pisses me off. To top it off another notes comes to me.
Jack,
You should get a move on love, time is short for these hobos.
This is starting to piss me off now.
That Night

I sit on the couch next to Amber, watching the Bella Lugosi version of Dracula. As I progressed through the movie my head started to hurt.... Then a light headed feeling came over me.... Then blackness...
"Amber, can we talk?" Now that Jack is suppressed. 
"Sure."
I stand up, grabbing her throat and pinning her to the floor, "I know who you are. Jack would simply like to see the better side of you. And yes, he has split personalities. You're going to keep your mouth shut up about this whole incident or we will be the ones stalking and watching you. Got it?"
She nodded her head furiously.
"Good. Now why don't you go home and tell Jack tomorrow you left because he fell asleep and a friend called for a ride. Got it?"
She nods her head again in a furious manner. I let her go, watching her fumble as she collects her stuff and leaves the house. I love being the mean one.
You're a mean one Mr. Grinch...

Several Hours Later

I open my eyes, head throbbing and memories very foggy... Actually not at all... I can't remember anything...
"You fell asleep," Edward answered has he looked over his hands.

"I don't remember falling asleep."
"Well you did," he snapped.
"You did something. What did you do?"
"I told her what I thought of her! Seeing how you were too f*****g blind to see s**t! I told her that I knew she was 'High Strung'."
"What the f**k!" I snap, standing up. "what the hell is your problem!?"
"I did it to get her away from you!"
"What is it for you to decide?!"
"I'm apart of you! Start accepting it!"
"I was until you f*****g became this!"
I slam my fist through a wall, snapping a stud. I stand there and breathe... What the hell do I do now? I have a pissed of personality and an emotional killer who is in love with me. Could this really get anymore stressful?
"I can make it more stressful."
"Shut the f**k up!"
I think it's time we have a project with some trivia.


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor