Chapter Sixteen- The Cat is Out of the Bag

Chapter Sixteen- The Cat is Out of the Bag

A Chapter by The Doctor

26 September 2010
I sat in silence for a few moments. Trying to decide how to answer to such a blunt and shocking question, more of a request. But, I mean, what the f**k. Right out in public you want me to divulge my alternate personality. I understand comfort in a relationship but this crosses the f*****g line.
"Well first... here is not the time or place, I barely want to talk about it at all, to tell the truth. But you must be willing to wait until we return back to my studio before I talk about him okay?"
"Sure thing," she smiles, treating it like I just told her I'm white or something.

We finish dinner, finding something to talk about. Never thought we were going to be able to after that last f*****g question. Thought we'd never recover from that.

"still have to tell her you know."

"Yeah, yeah. Trying to figure out how to get through that awkward moment. It's going to piratically kill me."

He chuckled at the irony.

After we finish and the check is paid, we go back to my apartment. We go inside and she takes a seat on the couch while I make a pot of coffee. Once it's finished I make the two of us a cup and sit down next to her, putting my arm behind her.

"So tell me about him?"

I take a deep breath, tilting my head back on the couch.

"What is there to know? It's an alternate personality. Nothing more or less."

"Does he like... Take control sometimes?"

"Sometimes. It's happened two or three times out of the whole time he's been here."

She nods her head.

"Are you a killer?"

"Jesus Christ!" I put my mug on the table and stand up. "Why are you asking this s**t if you already know it?"

She shrugs her shoulders, not having an answer.

"Just playing the game I started. Seeing how you know about me, well at least Edward does."

I sigh and look down, right hand on my hip as my left rubs my forehead.

"Alright. So I do know. But what do you want from me than? Now that we know each other, what do you want from it?"

She sets her mug down and casually walks over to me.

"I want to go with you one night."

She's going to cripple my f*****g heart.

"Why?"

"Want to see how you kill. I was hoping my work would impress you. Hoping you would see that what I'm doing is for you."

"Whoa! First, I kill killers who deserve it. Second, it impressed me on how you did the work, but I wasn't happy at the fact that it was innocent homeless victims. Third, what in your right f*****g mind makes you want to see how I do things? I mean most would turn me into the police, even if you were a killer, they'd have me in a nut house for you saying I have a voice."

"It interests me. I want to be in person and see the process you go through."

"Someone with me is a risk to myself, from just being at the crime scene to having someone see you. It's too risky."

"But please Jack? I want to so bad," she whines.

"I have to think about it. It's too much work for me. Sounds selfish but it is. I mean, imagine someone is watching what you do. Eyes on you and the extra steps you need to take. It's just a f*****g mess and a lot to get into."

She just looks at me, not caring about the mess that could come of this. Not even showing the slightest concern for our well beings. Just simply wants to watch me kill someone for the hell of it.

"I'd let you watch me," she smiles.

"You know i really don't think that the universe has it planned for serial killers to unite and watch other as a spectator sport. It just isn't meant for that."

I rub my forehead in frustration, seeing how this simple explanation has turned into a f*****g mess.

"The thing is a kill is intimate- you know that- and to have someone else watch would ruin that intimacy between you and your victim," I look at her and still see no change in her position.

I look down and rub my fore head again, my hands come up and cover my face as i lean back, exhaling a deep thoughtful breath. I open my eyes and look at her, kinda stalling for....I don't know...just to stall...

"Fine."

"No! What are you f*****g stupid!? You're going to f*****g ruin us."

"Put it this way, gives us a chance to sharpen our skills."

"Oh! Thank you Jack!" Amber squeals as she runs over and locks me in a hug.

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely done. Lagging behind in my reading, but I'm caught up again. Jesus, man...You and your freakin' alteregos....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful chapter! this girl is going to kill him though with all these questions. lol well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor