An Old Man

An Old Man

A Chapter by The Doctor

Jessica runs out behind Roger and kneels down next to me, helping me stand up against the railing. 
"UGH! I didn't realize how much it hurt. I need to sleep."
 Before I know it, I'm falling down face first. When I come to I'm on my bed with Roger at the foot of it. My torso is re-wrapped and a mug with tea is resting on my night stand,a new suit and shirt hang nicely on the back of the door. I swing my legs over the side and take my wrappings off. I find the marks completely healed without a sign of anything have taken place.
Getting up I take my ruined suit off and redress into my royal blue suite and brown shirt. I slip my white Converses on, grab my tea and walk out the door with Roger at my side.
"So explain this thing to me," he states.
"You're in a TARDIS- Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It is a time machine as well as a space ship. I can go anywhere at anytime I want."
"And I can tell you're not human. You don't smell like them."
"Oi! Be careful you. I can take that voice away as easily as I gave it to you. And I'm a Time Lord."
"And that means you're alien?"
"Yup. Last of my kind... Seems so long ago... So many lost for such a... Such a selfish reason..."
I look down into my tea, eyes locking on my reflection.
"I'm over nine hundred years old... I've seen so many civilizations rise and fall and even disappear. And know why they disappeared... And yet I always remain... Growing older and older, out living companions... I'm old.. That fall through the vortex would have killed most and yet my hearts keep going, never stopping... Some days I want to die... I stand in the TARDIS doorway and find myself wishing to be with my family... My own people.. Oh how times have changed."
I sigh and continue down the corridor to the console. There Jessica sat reading a book from my library. Cup of tea in her hand, feet up on the console, comfortable as ever.
"Don't get that book stained. Original copy by Poe himself. I don't want it ruined."
"I wont Doctor, promise."
"Well we need to leave before something goes terribly wrong. Oh! Almost forgot the child."
I move the TARDIS a few feet and get out, picking up the globe under the bulb. Looking at it I twist it in my hand, looking at it like it was something brand new.
"We could have been great together. A wonderful companionship... Something unseen... I can see us holding hands as we walk through the Eagle Galaxy, looking at the artist and the people. Eating some Dragon Fruit and chatting away. I wish it could have been that way, but I'm an old man who is tired of giving second chances. I like to help and I want all to live, but it's up to you to take the first offer."
I toss it in the air and put it into my pocket, entering the TARDIS I go to my trunk upstairs and lock her away. At the console I pull the lever down and teleport back to Jessica's timeline.
"Here you go. Back home safe and sound."
She looks around the TARDIS in confusion.
"Who said I wanted to go home?"
"Well I figured after the incident you'd-"
"I know you've been around a lot, but stop assuming what people want or should do or what they are thinking. Ask for once you daft old man," she goes back to her book in tea.
I stand in utter shock. Words unable to form at the accusation. So I walk to the console and set coordinates for Neptune. Thinking about showing her what is right in her solar system.
I guess old men just need to shut up and listen.


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"And I can tell you're not human. You don't smell like them."
"Oi! Be careful you. I can take that voice away as easily as I gave it to you. And I'm a Time Lord." lol that's a compliment! :)

I guess old men just need to shut up and listen. so true not only for the doctor




Posted 12 Years Ago


The Doctor and his suits...*shakes head* and contrary to your opinion this chapter does not suck, it merely moves the story along. All authors have chapters that do that. And I really like Roger's and Jessica's personality. Jessica reminds me a bit of Donna, with her mouthing out and all...but overall, it's a good one.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor