Acceptance

Acceptance

A Chapter by The Doctor

24 October 2010 9:26 a.m.
The Cottage

After I have finished cleaning up from breakfast,  I head into the living room with everyone else, finding them scattered on the floor and all parts of furniture. Taking up my rocking chair, positioned next to the window across from the entrance, I look around at everyone. Keiren awaits outside so she does not hear our discussion that is about to take place.
"We have a request for a member. Keiren approached Elizabeth and I around our usual hunting spot. She has told us that she is a survivor from an attack on her pack in Greece. I spoke with the Council last night to check her story. And we have news of a pack in Vólos some time ago. She has asked to join our pack. Now I have no reason not to accept her. Everything seems to check out and follow to the stories we have been given. 
"So I am leaving it up to you all. You decide if she should be taken in under our wing or not. I'll be back in a few moments. Have a decision by the time I return."
I go upstairs to my room and retrieve my wallet and keys from on top of my bureau, then I remove my Motorola from my night stand. Pressing a side button I make sure there are no text messages or missed calls. Satisfied, I drop it into the cell phone pocket of my pants and go back down stairs to hear my pack's verdict.
"Well?" I ask, taking my seat in my chair.
"We have decided that see needs to be watched," Alexander began, "we still have a doubt on who she is. So, we are accepting her as a pack member and we will see what happens from there," he folds his hands on his knee in wait of my response.
"Very well. I see no reason why that is not an acceptable answer. I will go collect Keiren and we will welcome her properly," I get up again and exit the house through the kitchen entrance. Keiren stood in the driveway, facing eas as if she was awaiting something to come with the rising sun.
"You can come in now," I say audibly enough, trying not to startle her.
She turns around, arms folded across her chest with a faint smile. She walks toward me and follows me in the house. I stand next to her in the middle of the living room and await for Alexander.
         "As a pack, we have decided to accept you into our family. Welcome, Keiren," he smiles, walking to accept her with a hug.
         She smiles and hugs him back. The others follow suit and wrap Keiren in a group hug. We release and settle back into our seats, Keiren taking a seat next to Alexander. 
"Any word on enemy movement?" Elizabeth asks.
"Yes. I happen to have an altercation this morning on my run. Claire is still trying to use young vampires to attack. I'm not sure if the intent is to weaken us, but it hasn't been working. The ones we have encountered are only two or three days old, not nearly enough time to be educated on what they can do. 
"Which leads me to another topic. I would like to send you all to receive some schooling from an old friend of mine; Gordan Flanagin. He has been around almost as long as I have, but he has a lot of knowledge in our world, beyond just vampires and lycans."
"Why the sudden need?" Alexander inquires.
"There have been a lot of attacks around the world. Packs like Keiren's are being wiped out and killed. Vampires and witches are the cause of these attacks. Logan has volunteered to make a pact with witches who have severed the light and with The Ravenwood order."
"Sorry to interrupt, but The Ravenwood Order?" Keiren asks, looking around.
"They are an order of witches that work to keep the balance as we do," Alexander replies. "But like us all, they have done their fair share of contributing to the dark. Which makes them reliable to us; they have knowledge to help improve our tactics and expand our knowledge. "
She nods in understanding.
"So, in saying so, I want you to be taught all that you can. He knows everything about creatures to veins of energy we can manipulate within the earth. He can only help you in your understanding of our world. I need to contact Gordan, when I do I will tell you the decision we have reached."
They all nod in acknowledgement.
"Good. Well, I was thinking for today that we indulge a little. Go out to lunch and what not and just have a good ol' time."
Noises of agreement filled the room. Discussion of where to go and what to do began.
"I figured," I begin, "we could go to The Wolfe's Den, have some food, then take Kiren shopping. I figured the girls could handle that," and that raises the volume and the group. 
Elizabeth and Susan grab Keiren, "Come on, we are going to spruce you up," and the three of them disappear up stairs. About fifteen minutes later, Keiren walks down in snug fitting jeans, a black turtle neck with a reddish brown sweater over it. Susan let Keiren borrow her forest green suede boots that come up mid calf. She looked stunning.
We all head outside in a mass, making way to their cars. I get in my Aston Martin with Keiren, Ken and Celeste hop into her midnight blue, 2005 BMW M5 along with Elizabeth, Daniel and Susan in the back, Aceline and Dorothea get into their grey, 2007 Ferrari F430, and Alexander gets into his Porsche. I lead the way out of my driveway, shifting gears and drifting out onto the road. Alexander attempting to catch up. The air around us fills with the noise of our exotic cars. ALex and I playing the whole way, weaving along the deserted, country road. Before I know it I passed Basil's, so I jammed on the breaks, spun the car around with a loud screech and sped back to the little pub.
It's not extravagant, but it does the job. It's a big lycan hangout ion these parts. All the packs know Basil, a man who has been around for just about as long as I have. I met him through one of my previous packs, since then he has been an excellent resource and even greater friend.
I step out of the car, I look over at Keiren, hands latched onto the door of the Aston.
"Not use to the driving?" I smile and close my door. 
Going to the passenger side I let her out, the pack walking in as a mass. We take our usual booth seat, the girls bringing Keiren on their side. Before you know it, the place was filled with our conversations. Basil sends out plates of food for us, pictures of beer began to stack up too. The drivers never taking a glass.
Keiren smiled and laughed with the others, acting as if she had always been with us.


© 2013 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 14, 2013


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor