He is the Colossus and I am Rome

He is the Colossus and I am Rome

A Story by Steph Cruz

It is a dreary night when we first meet. He whispers mythical things in my ear as the fog surrounding us rises to great heights. The outlines of black cypress trees are juxtaposed against the sickly brown sky. Behind us, the wind crashes into the waves and frothy water spills over onto the harbor. The wind blows with enough force to overturn the little wooden fishing boats in the distance. The wind cannot topple us, though it tries. His grey eyed gaze fixes me to my spot, and I am left paralyzed by the imprints his soul leaves on me in those first few moments of our acquaintance. His smile makes me euphoric. It is the kind of genuine smile that could light a whole citadel. I feel the legends of old lovers seep into my hands and slowly dribble into my bones. Raw passion sears my skin. It is burned onto my heart with an iron brand. The wind howls and blusters across the Roman Forum. Wind destroys everything eventually.


But he is the Colossus and I am Rome, and when we fall, the world falls. 

© 2013 Steph Cruz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: prose, poetry, rome, romance, love story, stars, dreams, teenage romance, broken dreams, pain, grief, happiness, writer, writing

Author

Steph Cruz
Steph Cruz

Philippines



Writing
Sway Sway

A Poem by Steph Cruz


Wasted Wasted

A Poem by Steph Cruz