My Wife Is Wonderful

My Wife Is Wonderful

A Poem by S. R. Morris

My Wife Is Wonderful

 

By S. R. Morris

 

Wife is the name a man calls his spouse, his companion, his soul mate, but I need a better word.

 

Outstanding is what I would use to describe her, but my words are still not adequate.

 

Nurturing is what she is to both our daughter and to me.

 

Dearly loved is what she is to her friends and darling to me because she is a gift to me from God.

 

Excellent is what God said in describing the perfect wife in Proverbs 31:29, and I cannot argue with that because she is perfect for me.

 

Remarkable grace is what she displays in every situation, whether caring for the poor or dealing with the sophisticated in business settings.

 

Fantastic is the only word to describe her natural beauty, her attitude toward life in general, and the help she demonstrates to everyone she encounters.

 

Unbelievable is what others will think of my description of the woman I love.

 

Love is the name her parents gave her at birth, but I prefer to call her Wonderful.

 

 

© 2013 S. R. Morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013

Author

S. R. Morris
S. R. Morris

Mountain Home, ID



About
I am a semi-retired freelance writer and I divide my time between my kids and grandkids in Idaho, and my wife and daughter in the Philippines. I spent more than a decade as a reporter, editor and publ.. more..

Writing