Two Men, A Woman And An Axe.

Two Men, A Woman And An Axe.

A Story by steve
"

I think the title speaks for itself.

"
             

                                              Two Men, A Woman And An Axe
He peered up and could see the axe coming towards his head.  As quickly as he could he ducked.  It missed him by only a couple of inches.  That was lucky, he thought.  The man who was trying to attack him looked tired as he wiped some sweat from his brow.  With all the strength he could muster he kicked him hard in the balls.  The man screamed out in pain and fell to the ground.  
“Rot in hell, you snivelling b*****d,” he shouted.  He kicked him in the head.
The man was now quiet.  He didn’t move.  A drop of blood ran down his forehead to the mud below.
Gavin at this point was thankful to still be alive.  That was a close one.  He got up into a standing position and opening his flies took a much needed pee, aiming at the man’s mouth the best he could.  “You deserve that, scum.”
A woman’s voice was heard shouting from some distance away, “Leave him be.  Please don’t urinate into his mouth.”
Gavin turned to her, and smiled.  He’d finished peeing and carefully done up his flies.  The woman came closer.  She was a sight to behold.  She had long blonde hair which glimmered in the sun’s rays.  
She ran a hand through her hair, and looked at him nervously, before saying, “Why, Gavin?”
What a stupid question, he thought to himself.
“Didn’t you see him, he tried to kill me for god sake?”  he replied while staring at her shapely breasts.  
She noticed this and giggled, before saying, “Thank you for what you did.  He needed to learn his lesson.  And I think he’s wiser for it now after meeting you.”
The man still didn’t move.  The axe a metre from where he lay.
Gavin stuck a cigarette into his mouth, then lit it.  “That’s better.”
The woman made a strange noise, and said while coughing a little, “You should give them up, Gavin.  They aren’t good for you.”
He peered at her oddly, before replying, “Life’s not good for you, sweetheart.  Like that arsehole by my feet.  He’s bad news, and you know it.”
“Yes, I know.  But at times he was the best husband around.  Taking me out, spending lots of money on me, adoring me.  Lately though, something had changed.”
Gavin threw the cigarette onto the grass.  He’d known Keith for years and he’d always been a dick.  He turned to her, his smile now gone.  “Look, listen to what I have to say.  Let me cut that arsehole’s head off with the axe he tried to kill me with, and I promise you, Chloe, your beatings from that jerk will stop today.”
She sat on a nearby deckchair.  She began to cry.
Gavin came closer to her and softly placed a hand on her shoulder, before saying, “Let me do this one thing.  Then the black eyes, and the bruises all over your body will be a thing of the past.  What do you say?”
“But I still love him,” she sobbed.  “I’ve known him all my life.  He’s all I know.”
Gavin kicked a nearby can.  It hit the side of the shed making a slight sound.  “It’s your life, darling, but I think you’re making the wrong decision.”
She glanced up at him with sadness in her eyes.  “I know I’m silly, but truly, I love him with all my heart.  I’m afraid nothing will change that, not even you.”  She picked herself up from the chair.  “Please leave, Gavin.  I’ll see you soon.”  With that she made her way towards the house.
Gavin felt like puking.  He had loved her for years.  The only reason he was there that day was because she’d rang him earlier scared for her own life.  Petrified that the jerk was going to kill her.  He stared at the axe.  Then he looked at Keith with his untidy stubble.  
He heard a door close and peered towards the house which was about forty metres away.  
What should he do?
His car was parked nearby, but he wasn’t ready to leave quite yet.  He looked back at the b*****d and imagined ramming the axe deep into his head.  
“You deserve it, old mate,” he muttered.  He cleared his throat and spat on the man’s shoe.  It felt good.  He then heard music playing.  And realising it came from the direction of the house made his way up the narrow path to peer into one of the windows, just to see if she was okay.
An inch from the glass he could see her while she was busy washing up some plates.  She dropped one of them onto the floor and it shattered.  She fell to her knees tears running down her rosy cheeks.
He knew what had to be done.  With determination he walked back down the path.
“I’m going to cut your head off, you b*****d,” he said quietly.
He got hold of the handle and lifted the axe up into the air.  He was going to enjoy this so much.  He took a couple of steps looking at the best place to stick the thing in.  Just below his chin seemed the best way to kill him.  Quick and easy.  
His heart began to race.  Gavin had never killed anyone before.  But if anyone deserved it in this miserable life then he did.  Sweat trickled down his forehead.  The sun beaming down made him feel hot, too hot if the truth be told.  He needed to concentrate.  He neared the body and lifting the weapon higher he all of a sudden froze.  What was up with him?  His head began to spin which made him feel queasy.  
“Just do it, you prick,” he said angrily to himself.  
Once the spinning had stopped, he decided there and then it was time.  Counting down from 5 slowly he knew he couldn’t back out from what he had to do.
Suddenly a voice from close by shouted, “Stop, Gavin.”
Begrudgingly he looked round and running down towards him was the girl of his dreams.  The girl he was willing to kill for.
He dropped the axe onto the ground.  “Sorry,” was all he could think of saying.
“Look out, Gavin,” she screamed.  Her eyes wide with fear.
What was she talking about? he thought, not noticing the figure which now stood a metre behind him.
Suddenly he was picked up and thrown into a nearby fence.  What the hell was happening?  He looked up and Keith stood above him with a smirk on his face.
He was much taller than Gavin, and said while wiping some blood from his mouth, “You might’ve got the better of me earlier, you prick.  But I’m going to break both your legs and put you in hospital for a very long time.”
Gavin was now in a standing position, and lifting both his fists up, replied, “I’m not going down without a fight.”
Keith flew at him and punched him hard in the nose.  Gavin smacked the side of the shed and the wooden door flew open.  He felt this terrible pain and realised his nose was broken, as blood ran to his chin.  “You b*****d,” he yelled, trying to get up from the ground, but it was difficult.  His head was spinning which didn’t help matters.
“You’re no match for me, Gavin.  You’ve always been a p***y, even at school,” Keith said while he got nearer.  Using his right foot he kicked him in the ribs.
Gavin howled out in pain.  He was done for.  He glanced up, and even though his ribs were killing him, said, “Rot in hell.”
The man laughed.  “I’m afraid you’re going to rot in hell tonight.”  
He placed two hands around Gavin’s throat, the grip slowly getting tighter.  Gavin had trouble breathing.  He tried to struggle.  The man was too strong.  He could smell Keith’s breath.  It made him feel sick.  
Then Keith whispered in his ear, “Once I’m done with you, I’m going to take my wife into the house and give her a good seeing to,”
Gavin tried to speak, “If you hurt a hair on her head.”
“After tonight she’ll be limping for a week,” he snarled, enjoying every moment.
Gavin knew it was over.  Then he noticed something.  Just above the man’s head Chloe’s face appeared.  She looked deadly serious.  In her left hand she held something which glimmered in the sun.  Gavin all of a sudden realised everything was going to be all right.
                                                                 The End

© 2014 steve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was exciting and suspensful. I was really afraid Gavin was gong to be killed. Chloe finally did the right thing (incidentally, Chloe is the name of my daughter's cat).

If you gave Chloe's husband a name and used it, instead of pronouns all the time, some of the sentences might be clearer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

steve

10 Years Ago

Made the changes, and the evil brute's name is Keith. Thanks, Marie. Chloe is a nice name, and I l.. read more



Reviews

This was exciting and suspensful. I was really afraid Gavin was gong to be killed. Chloe finally did the right thing (incidentally, Chloe is the name of my daughter's cat).

If you gave Chloe's husband a name and used it, instead of pronouns all the time, some of the sentences might be clearer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

steve

10 Years Ago

Made the changes, and the evil brute's name is Keith. Thanks, Marie. Chloe is a nice name, and I l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on April 4, 2014
Tags: axe, man, husband, woman, violence, shed, blood, head, love

Author

steve
steve

Norwich



About
Hi, I hope you enjoy my short stories. I've been writing for sometime now, and thoroughly enjoy it. To be honest, I find it quite addictive. Even when I'm at work I am thinking about the next story.. more..

Writing
Family Family

A Story by steve


Lockdown Lockdown

A Story by steve


Evil Elves Evil Elves

A Story by steve