Art that can Express your Emotions

Art that can Express your Emotions

A Story by Steve Thomas
"

There is a plethora of machine made decoration products in the market. But, still making things on own has special significance.

"
There is a plethora of machine made decoration products in the market. But, still making things on own has special significance. Self-made things are incomparable with the ready-made. It is the little imperfection that is left every time you create something, that makes it fascinating. It signifies the fact that there is always some scope for improving your ability. Nothing is perfect. This is the fun of making things on own.  There is so much art can teach you.  

Being an expert of feathers we can tell you only about feathers and their usefulness in art. For us, feathers define achievement.  They perform their function till they are attached to a bird. When they get molted, they still keep their beauty intact. You should definitely try making some arts from feathers. Feathers can spread their charm for years.  Here are some ideas of art and craft from feathers. 

If you are a beginner in the field, first try making simple feather garlands for decorating your walls. To make glittering garland, buy some decorative feathers. Take one feather at a time and immerse its tip in a metallic paint in silver or gold color. Take out the feather from the paint and get rid of the excess paint.  Now, spread some glitter powder on the paint and keep the feather for drying.  Repeat the process for all the feathers. At last, tie all the feathers to a colorful string and complete your garland. Your garland is ready to be hanged on your wall. 

Another simple idea is to create a feather wreath. Find online some not-so-costly decorative feathers for sale in different sizes. You can easily get a grapevine wreath from a nearby market. Stick these feathers with hot glue on the grapevine wreath and decorate it on your door.  

Parents feel affection for the belongings of their kids. They usually keep their new-born clothes, toys, drawings etc. A piece of art made by your kid can definitely keep your child’s memory alive with you forever.   Here is one project you should involve your kids in.  Get some feathers and cut them all in the same shape from the tip. Ask your kids to color the feathers in their choice of colors. Now, get a plain white canvas board and tell your kids to glue these feathers in random patterns of their choice. Alternatively use floral tape to stick feathers on blank canvas frame.  Hang it at your favorite place in the house. Whenever you would see this hanging, you would be reminded of the day your kids made it and their smiling faces.

Women are usually more creative than men. They are best at using things. Here is an idea that would make sense to women. Find some peacock tail feathers for sale and make a complete set of accessories. You can make necklace, pair of earrings, hair clips, barrette, bracelet etc. You can also glue peacock feathers cut into appropriate length and shape to your old shoes. Sky is the limit for you.   

© 2014 Steve Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: shopping