Versatile Pheasant Feathers

Versatile Pheasant Feathers

A Story by Steve Thomas
"

Pheasant feathers are very beautiful and versatile. Their versatility can be established from the fact that they are used in a variety artistic object.

"
Pheasant feathers are very beautiful and versatile. Their versatility can be established from the fact that they are used in a variety artistic object. Be it a wreath, centerpieces, fashion accessories, carnival dresses, party dresses, hair styling, hats.  Pheasant feathers have natural brown color but, they are dyed in many different colors.  The roaster pheasants have long reddish brown feathers on tail and female pheasants have light brown feathers all through the body. Pheasant feathers have natural patterns on them which look very beautiful.
An artist’s mind can think beyond all possible imaginations. It depends on you, how creatively you use pheasant feathers. Sky is the limit. Beyond classic and contemporary, you can create your own style.  They are being used for making centerpieces along with florets. But, feathers are not just limited to be used as an alternate for floral arrangement.  You can experiment with pheasant feathers and embellish your weddings place or home. 
Molted pheasant feathers are extensively used in Hawaiian art. They are used in decorating hats, costumes, hair styles, ornaments, fashion accessory, bridal ensemble etc. There are different types of pheasant feathers like ring neck feathers, golden tail feathers, lady Amhurst feathers, and reeves feathers. Pheasant feathers have very smooth texture and they are very strong.  This quality makes these quills most preferred by designers, event managers and artists for various things like dresses, boas, has, wall décors, table décors, purse flourishes etc.  For example, you can make beautiful table centerpieces for reception or party from a wide range of pheasant feathers. These quills look beautiful with a bunch of flowers as arrangements. The centerpieces are also used for making miniature feather trees. You can also include other bird feathers for your wedding decor and for making miniatures of trees and miniature vases. You can buy bird feathers for sale from a reputed seller.
You can insert a bunch of flowers a pheasant feathers in the middle of foam bouquet holder and put it inside a vase for a great visual appeal.  Decorators can also lay out the pheasant feathers on the work surface and smooth the feathers so that each looks neat. Here are few parting tips related with feather décor to make your feather pieces more beautiful.  
Decor tips:
1. To make your centerpiece look less sophisticated, use fingers to ruffle them.  
2. When you are inserting the feather in a foam bouquet, insert one feather at a time, around the center of flowers.
3. Shape the stems of feathers depending on your requirement. Cut them short or keep them long, whatever suits you. 
4. Buy pheasant feathers in bulk from a recognized seller to save your cost when you are making feather pieces in good number. 
5. To clean the pieces when they are completely made use dry cloth and gently clean them without damaging the feathers.
6. To get a neat look, trim the feather and smooth out their surface. 
7. Regularly clean your piece to keep it for long time. 

© 2014 Steve Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 2, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2014
Tags: shopping